Academic Reminders for Spring Quarter (Faculty)
March 29, 2022
Welcome to the spring quarter! The following are some key reminders to help you navigate the quarter.
The Academic Quarter calendar can be viewed on the Provost’s Office website. The following are a few key dates:
- Sunday, April 3: Course Add/Drop Deadline via DrexelOne* (11:59 p.m.)
- Friday, April 29: Last Day to Submit Application for Degree
- Friday, May 13: Course Withdrawal Deadline* (with Academic Advisor Assistance)
- Monday, May 30: Memorial Day (University Holiday)
- Saturday, June 4: Classes End
- June 8 – 9: College/School Graduation Ceremonies
- Thursday, June 9: University Commencement
*For part of term and semester dates and deadlines, please refer to Drexel’s Academic Calendars.
As was announced earlier this week, the summer quarter will begin on Tuesday, June 21. Please view the Academic Quarter Calendar for updated dates throughout the summer 2022 quarter.
Academic Policies may be found on the Provost’s Office website. We call your attention to the following policies that may be helpful for promoting student academic success.
Accessing Newspapers Through Drexel Libraries
Through the Drexel Libraries, Drexel subscribes to online versions of many newspapers, including the Chronicle of Higher Education, New York Times, Washington Post, Philadelphia Business Journal, Philadelphia Inquirer and more. Visit the linked page to access newspaper links that prompt Drexel authentication to ensure that anyone with a Drexel login can access the newspaper content.
Faculty Advancement Resources
The Office of Faculty Advancement and Undergraduate Affairs is accepting applications for the Spring 2022 session of Creating A Narrative of Professional Involvement (CANOPI). The program, which runs twice a year during the fall and spring quarters, is open to all Drexel faculty members who have completed two or more years of service at Drexel, including adjunct faculty members. Space is limited, and we encourage faculty who wish to take advantage of the program to apply by March 31, 2022. Please register here.
Here are some additional faculty advancement resources:
- Faculty Handbook: A living document providing useful policy information pertinent to University governance, teaching and academic policies, and faculty lifecycle processes.
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD): An independent professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students. Drexel faculty can access free membership to NCFDD.
Teaching and Learning Resources
Security and Safety on Campus
The Department of Public Safety is committed to maintaining a safe campus environment and the highest standards of quality in promoting a safe educational environment. Drexel Public Safety encourages students, faculty, and staff to be alert, take precautions, and report crimes and suspicious activities. “If you see something, say something.” For emergencies, dial 215.895.2222 or 911. For non-emergencies, dial 215.895.2822. Here are some links that may be of interest and benefit to you: