Creating a Narrative of Professional Involvement
The Office of Faculty Advancement and Undergraduate Affairs is accepting applications for the Fall 2021 session of CANOPI. CANOPI uses a 3:1 mentee/mentor model to facilitate the development of professional involvement narratives for Drexel faculty members. The development of professional involvement narratives provides an opportunity for faculty to reflect on past accomplishments with an eye towards future professional goals. Participants will be paired with experienced Drexel faculty from various colleges who will serve as mentors, and will also serve as peer reviewers for fellow participants grouped with the same mentor. Though Drexel is planning for a full return to campus, the plan is to run the program as a hybrid, so that those who are unable or prefer not to come in to campus can still participate fully.
The program, which runs twice a year during the fall and spring quarters, is open to all Drexel faculty members who have completed two or more years of service at Drexel, including adjunct faculty members. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who plan to utilize their narratives for upcoming professional or developmental activities.
Space is limited, and we encourage faculty who wish to take advantage of the program to apply by, October 1, 2021. For questions, please contact Prof. Mesha Hunte-Brown at email@example.com, or the Office of Faculty Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register using this link.
Applicants should note the schedule listed below and try as much as possible to remove conflicts that would impede participation during the kick-off and wrap-up sessions.
- Kick-Off Meeting: October 14, 2021 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- Teaching Philosophy: October 25 – October 29, 2021 | Mentor/Mentees Group Meeting 1 (mentor to schedule with mentees)
- Research Narrative: November 1 – November 5, 2021 | Mentor/Mentees Group Meeting 2 (mentor to schedule with mentees)
- Service Narrative: November 8 – November 12, 2021|Mentor/Mentees Group Meeting 3 (mentor to schedule with mentees)
- Wrap-Up/Closing Session: November 18, 2021 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am