Year-End Purchasing Information
In preparation for the FY19 year-end close on Sunday, June 30, 2019, Drexel Procurement Services has compiled key processing dates. Please read the following carefully to facilitate a smooth end to FY19 and transition to FY20:
FY19 Smart Source Purchases & Travel Reimbursements
Purchase Order Processing
- Employees must input purchase orders for FY19 as soon as order details are confirmed. There are many factors that affect the purchase order processing time, such as new supplier registration, a Request for Proposal (RFP) requirement or departmental reviews. Orders that are not received by Friday, June 28, 2019, will be charged to FY20.
Friday, June 28, 2019
- Confirm receipt in Smart Source of any goods or services rendered in FY19. Orders that are not received by Friday, June 28, 2019, will be charged to FY20.
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Invoices for goods and services rendered in FY19 must be received by the Digital Mailroom (DMR) at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, July 3, 2019, and the invoice must be dated no later than Sunday, June 30, 2019.
- Employee travel expense forms related to travel conducted through Sunday, June 30, 2019, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, July 3, 2019. Travel expenses submitted after Wednesday, July 3, 2019, regardless of date traveled, will be reflected in FY20.
- FY19 payments, processed on a Smart Source check request or confirming order, must be submitted through Smart Source by Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
- Deadline to submit PO Change Order request.
Remember: Smart Source check requests and Confirming Order submitted Monday, July 1 – Wednesday, July 3, 2019, must use the accounting date of June 30, 2019. For assistance on changing an order's accounting date, follow this PDF guideline. An order with an incorrect accounting date will require you to cancel and resubmit the order.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- Invoices in Smart Source must be approved by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 10, 2019. Invoices approved after Wednesday, July 10, 2019, will post to FY20.
Please closely monitor your invoice approval queues to ensure timely handling of year-end invoices!
FY20 Smart Source Purchases
Beginning Tuesday, April 30, 2019, you can create purchase orders in Smart Source for FY20.
If you choose to create purchase orders for FY20 before Monday, July 1, 2019, remember to do the following:
- Smart Source purchase orders for FY20 must have an accounting date of Monday, July 1, 2019, or later. For assistance on how to change the accounting date on a purchase order, follow this PDF guideline.
- Create an external note to supplier: "This is an order for FY20. All goods/services must be shipped for receipt after Friday, June 28, 2019. We will refuse early deliveries." For assistance on how to add an external note, follow this PDF guideline.
Purchasing Card (P-Card) Purchases
FY19 goods rendered must be received by Friday, June 28, 2019, AND the supplier must charge your P-Card no later than Friday, July 5, 2019. If goods are not received by Friday, June 28, 2019, or if the supplier does not charge your P-Card by Friday, July 5, 2019, the transaction(s) will be reflected in FY20.
Beginning the week of Monday, May 20, 2019, Financial Managers will receive a separate email from Procurement Services with further instructions regarding the process for open commitment/encumbrance verification.
Contact Us With Your Questions
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.