Year-End Purchasing Information
In preparation for the FY2020 year-end close on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, Drexel Accounts Payable & Procurement Services has compiled key processing dates. Please read the following carefully to facilitate a smooth end to FY20 and transition to FY21:
FY20 Smart Source Purchases, Invoices & Travel Reimbursements
Purchase Order Processing
- Employees must input purchase orders for FY20 as soon as order details are confirmed. There are many factors that affect the purchase order processing time, such as new supplier registration, a Request for Proposal (RFP) requirement or departmental reviews. Orders that are not received by Tuesday, June 30, 2020, will be charged to FY21.
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
- Confirm receipt in Smart Source of any goods or services rendered in FY20. Orders that are not received by Tuesday, June 30, 2020, will be charged to FY21.
Friday, July 3, 2020
- Invoices for goods and services rendered in FY20 must be received by the Digital Mailroom (DMR) at email@example.com no later than Friday, July 3, 2020, and the invoice must be dated no later than June 30, 2020.
For additional information on invoice processing, please review the Accounts Payable 2020 Fiscal Year-End Checklist.
Monday, July 6, 2020
- Employee travel expense forms related to travel conducted through Tuesday, June 30, 2020, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, July 6, 2020. Travel expenses submitted after Monday, July 6, 2020, regardless of date traveled, will be reflected in FY21.
- FY20 payments, processed on a Smart Source check request or confirming order, must be submitted through Smart Source by Monday, July 6, 2020.
- Deadline to submit PO Change Order request.
Remember: Smart Source check requests and confirming orders submitted July 1-6, 2020, must use the accounting date of June 30, 2020. For assistance on changing an order's accounting date, follow this PDF guideline. An order with an incorrect accounting date will require you to cancel and resubmit the order.
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
- Invoices in Smart Source must be approved by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 8, 2020. Invoices approved after Wednesday, July 8, 2020, will post to FY21.
Please closely monitor your invoice approval queues to ensure timely handling of year-end invoices!
FY20 Smart Source Purchases
Beginning Thursday, April 30, 2020, you can create purchase orders in Smart Source for FY21.
If you choose to create purchase orders for FY21 before Wednesday, July 1, 2020, remember to do the following:
- Smart Source purchase orders for FY21 must have an accounting date of Wednesday, July 1, 2020, or later. For assistance on how to change the accounting date on a purchase order, follow this PDF guideline.
- Create an external note to supplier: "This is an order for FY21. All goods/services must be shipped for receipt after Tuesday, June 30, 2020. We will refuse early deliveries." For assistance on how to add an external note, follow this PDF guideline.
Purchasing Card (P-Card) Purchases
FY20 goods rendered must be received by Tuesday, June 30, 2020, AND the supplier must charge your P-Card no later than Tuesday, June 30, 2020. If goods are not received by June 30, or if the supplier does not charge your P-Card by June 30, the transaction(s) will be reflected in FY21.
Beginning the week of Monday, May 18, 2020, Financial Managers will receive a separate email from Procurement Services with further instructions regarding the process for open commitment/encumbrance verification.
Non-essential spending remains impermissible. Our primary focus right now should be only those goods or services critical to our current state of operations, as well as a greatly modified state of operations as we eventually repopulate campus. Procurement Services will continue reviewing all purchases to ensure compliance with this directive. Please respond promptly to any inquiries from Procurement regarding purchases, so critical orders can be processed efficiently.
All COVID-19 related expenses should be charged to the following cost centers:
- Chart D 110001-5999
- Chart S 111001-5999
- Chart O 112001-5999
Contact Us With Your Questions
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.