How do I find and choose a course?
Consult the Term Master Schedule to view classes available by term and through each College and Department.
Bridge Academy students may choose courses being offered by the following Colleges:
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- Bennett S. LeBow College of Business
- Charles D. Close School of Entrepreneurship
Look for introductory courses (usually indicated by the course number – 100 or 101). Also check to make sure the course meets the following conditions:
- The course does not have any prerequisites or restrictions.
- The course has available seats. (If seats are not available, classes will be listed as “closed.”)
Please Note: Bridge Academy students may not choose online classes, as students must attend classes on Drexel's University City campus.
Please contact the Center for Inclusive Education and Scholarship (CIES) professional staff at email@example.com with any questions about your eligibility for specific courses or sections.
Can I take a course listed under a different college or school?
No. Bridge Academy students are only eligible to take classes from the colleges listed above.
How many courses can I take?
Bridge Academy students are permitted to take one (1) course per term and up to four (4) courses per academic year.
Please Note: High school seniors may not register for courses during the summer following their graduation from high school, unless they will enter Drexel University in the fall as part of the incoming freshman class.
How do I register for a course?
After You Have Been Admitted to the Bridge Academy:
Submit your top three (3) course choices using the online course request form. The deadlines for these course selections are as follows:
||Course Selection Deadline
You will then be notified of the course you have been placed in, according to your preferences and class availability.
Can students take placement tests to bypass courses?
The only departments that allow Bridge Academy students to take placement exams to bypass pre-requisites are the Modern Language department and Mathematics department. Otherwise, Bridge Academy students are not permitted to take placement tests or bypass pre-requisites that they may have already completed outside of Drexel.
For foreign language courses, High School Scholars may take foreign language placement tests. Visit the Department of Communications website for more information on the foreign language placement test.
For mathematics courses, Bridge Academy students may take either the Calculus Readiness or Mathematics Placement exam. For more information on these exams, please visit the Department of Mathematics website.
Can credit from advanced placement (AP) classes be used to fulfill prerequisites for upper level courses?
No. Bridge Academy students are not permitted to use AP credits or credits from other universities to fulfill prerequisites. They can only use successfully completed Drexel courses to fulfill prerequisites for other courses.
How do I drop or withdraw from a course?
Drops must be completed by the end of Week 1 in a given term (and will not appear on your Drexel University transcript). Withdrawals must be completed before the end of Week 7 in a given term (and will result in a permanent “W” on your Drexel University transcript).
Complete all of the following steps to drop or withdraw from a course:
- Contact the CIES professional staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate that you are preparing to drop or withdraw from your current class.
- Print and complete the Drexel Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form [PDF].
- Obtain the appropriate signatures. The form will need to be signed by the High School Scholar and the instructor of the course being dropped or withdrawn from; obtaining these signatures is the responsibility of the Bridge Academy student.
- Deliver a signed copy of the form to the Bridge Academy in person (first floor of MacAlister Hall, suite 1024, 3250 Chestnut Street)
- Please Note: No drop/withdrawal forms will be accepted after 12 noon on the Thursday of
Week 1/Week 7 in any given term.
- If you withdraw from a course, you will need to wait two (2) terms before you are permitted to register again for another course through the Bridge Academy.
- Two course withdrawals will result in dismissal from the program.
How do I obtain my grades and/or transcript?