THRIVE: Students of Color Empowerment Retreat
You earned your seat in the class, and it is important that you own it! This retreat empowers first year students of color (SOC) to have purposeful and brave conversations about navigating their space at Drexel, a predominately white institution (PWI). Residential students will get to move in early and commuter students are also welcome. Space is limited for this impactful opportunity where you will attend workshops to:
- Develop the art of self-advocacy and the skills to manage implicit and explicit biases.
- Discuss the imposter syndrome and strategies to overcome it.
- Learn about the "hidden curriculum," resources, and terms that may be lost in translation.
- Foster your sense of belonging by getting introduced to centers and programs on campus integral to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Build the foundation of community and gain a strong network of current students, faculty, and administrators of color.
2024 THRIVE Retreat
The 2024 THRIVE Retreat will take place in September 2024. Applications will open in Summer 2024.