The Center for Inclusive Education and Scholarship (CIES) provides support for programs which serve traditionally underrepresented and underserved populations. The goal of this center is to support the academic experience of Drexel students, from pre-college access programs to graduation and beyond.
Empowering a community of scholars
CIES serves as a conduit to increase access to higher education for students regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status; foster an inclusive community of scholars striving to achieve academic excellence; and graduate students empowered to impact change.
- We employ a holistic approach to student development and wellness, ensuring academic and social success.
- We cultivate academic excellence and persistence by teaching a growth mindset and self-advocacy.
- We work to understand student needs and provide or make connections with resources to support them.
- We inspire a culture of sharing knowledge and resources to improve communities.
- We empower the larger University community on issues of inclusivity and cultural competency.