Annual Performance Review Process
Performance reviews for professional staff will be released in Career Pathway on Sept. 6, 2019. Addressed below are routine tasks that will help the process run smoothly. You can access Career Pathway via DrexelOne.
Managers should take a few minutes to log into Planning @ Work (on the Drexel HR website under Manager Tools, Resources) to confirm that the reporting structures for their teams or departments are accurately represented. If the reporting structure is inaccurate in Planning @ Work, it will also be inaccurate in Career Pathway when it is time to complete performance evaluations. If you need to make changes to reporting relationships, please submit an Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) by Aug. 21, 2019. See the HR website for instructions on completing an EPAF.
Managers, please also review your own and your direct reports' goals in Career Pathway to make sure they reflect the goals for the annual performance cycle.
- Ensure your own and your direct reports' goals are submitted, rather than simply saved as draft. If goals are saved as draft, they will not be automatically pulled into the performance evaluation in September.
- Submitting goals does not mean that you can no longer edit them. It is still possible to edit or delete goals if necessary before the launch of annual performance reviews.
- All goals with a due date during the performance cycle (Sept. 1, 2018 through Aug. 31, 2019) will automatically be imported into the review for evaluation. Introductory goals should have start and due dates that align with a new staff member's start date and 90th day.
- For more information on the process of creating and submitting goals, please see the Employee Guide [PDF] or the Manager Guide [PDF] on the HR website or the Goal Setting in Career Pathway online session, available in Career Pathway.
For more information on completing annual performance reviews within the recommended timeframe, refer to the Performance Management section on the HR website, or complete the online session, Evaluating Performance in Career Pathway. You may also receive additional guidance from your department. To access the training in Career Pathway:
- Hover over the Learning tab and select Browse for Training
- Select Performance Management under Subject in the navigation menu on the left
- Find the Evaluating Performance in Career Pathway online session title and select it (the session with a computer monitor icon)
- Select Request and then Launch the session from your transcript
Please email questions about the performance review process to firstname.lastname@example.org.