Global Engagement Funding Awards
The Office of Global Engagement supports a wide variety of global and international experiences for Drexel students, faculty, staff through its Global Engagement Funding Award program. Applicants may apply for an award of $250-$2,500 in support of a variety of endeavors that support Drexel's mission to enhance its global impact.
Please note: To optimize our limited budget, funds awarded may be less than the requested amount (or similar).
Applicants may only receive one award per fiscal year (Current fiscal year: July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023).
Applications will be reviewed on the last Thursday of each month on a rolling basis.
Categories for Award Funding include:
- International Conference, Workshop, Symposium Presentation - Faculty and graduate students may apply for funding to present a paper at an international conference outside the continental U.S.
- Global Research & Teaching - This award supports faculty for teaching or research at international partners and students for research experiences abroad.
- Access, Equity, and Inclusion - This award supports global engagement experiences with a lens for access, equity, and inclusion. Such activities may include research collaborations with underrepresented locations in international education or global civic engagement, such as community-based learning.
- Strategic Initiative Fund: Water Year, a climate initiative - Strategic initiative topics rotate every six months. From January to June 2023, this fund will support global projects related to water in support of Water Year
- Early Career Funding for Global Projects - This award supports global engagement experiences for early career faculty.
- Student Sponsored Events – Student Organizations may apply for funding that supports globally-engaged events, including events that support dialogue and community around global topics or intercultural communication
Applicants will choose a primary category for award funding but will be able to connect to other categories in their personal statement.
Preference will be given to applications which:
- Demonstrate a significant impact on the research and academic career of the applicant(s);
- Connect to Drexel’s strategic initiatives;
- Have a clear potential to yield long-term ties between Drexel and scholars, organizations, or educational institutions outside of the United States (these applications shall be given particularly positive consideration);
- Document commitment of funding and support from other institutional sources;
Application includes two uploaded materials: Applicant Statement and Letter of Support. We suggest you fill out this form once all materials are ready for submission.