Developing New Partnerships
Drexel Global office will assist in bringing strategic new partnerships to fruition through this step-by-step process:
GUIDELINES FOR NEW PARTNERSHIPS
The proposed partnership will:
- Enhance our academic mission: alignment with Drexel 2030; appropriate academic rigor; complementary academic strengths; shared strategic goals and values, including experiential learning and civic engagement.
- Be sustainable long-term: significant interest across multiple disciplines or schools that provides long-term engagement across multiple areas of collaboration: research and teaching collaborations; student mobility; recruitment; and industry, alumni, nonprofit, and/or government relations.
- Complement and build on existing partnerships: provides a new or unique opportunity for the University.
- Offer potential for additional resources and opportunities: resource commitment from units or schools; opportunities for external support; resources from partner institution.
- Be compatible with Drexel: curriculum and calendar; language(s) of instruction; appropriate administrative support for activities; safety and security standards.
NEW PARTNERSHIP PROPOSAL PROCESS
New partnership proposals follow this process:
- Submission:Submit the Global Partnership Proposal form. *Please note that support for the partnership from your Dean or Dean’s designee (Department Head, for example) is required.
- Review: The Drexel Global office will review proposals and facilitate discussions internally and with the proposed partner.
- Agreement: The Drexel Global office will develop a draft agreement with the Office of General Counsel, relevant offices, and the partner institution. Institutional agreements are approved by the Vice Provost and signed by the Provost (and, when required, the President). Department or college-level agreements are signed by the corresponding Dean and the Vice Provost.
- Signing: The Drexel Global office will facilitate the signing of the agreement with the partner institution and maintain the initial documentation of the agreement.
- Assessment: There needs to be a point of contact for the partnership that the Drexel Global office can contact for annual updates and data collection on partnership activities.