Drexel China Collaborative
Without question, China is a country of growing international significance. As China’s economic and political ties with the United States become increasingly critical, it is important for specialists, government, educators, and the general public to deepen their understanding of China.
The China Collaborative will advance Drexel’s leadership in interdisciplinary research, professional collaborations, student learning, and community outreach focused on China. In doing so, the China Collaborative will provide expert resources and a deeper understanding of issues related to China. In this way, we envision the China Collaborative as a nexus of knowledge, research, and experiential activities focused on bringing together not only faculty and students, but also those in the private sector and government to advance our understanding of China.
- The China Collaborative actively supports and showcases faculty research focused on China, and facilitates further research opportunities related to China for other faculty members across the university.
- The Collaborative brings researchers together to exchange ideas and facilitate new research partnerships, across the University and beyond its borders.
- The Collaborative promotes China-focused research at Drexel and shares knowledge and expertise about China by sponsoring conferences, collaborative workshops, and speakers; hosting visiting scholars from China; and providing research grants for faculty and students.
Educational Outreach Programs and Expert Consultancies
- The China Collaborative will develop and coordinate educational outreach programs for teaching about China.
China-focused Experiential Learning for Drexel Students
- In addition to providing Drexel students an opportunity to engage in socially significant research focused on China, the China Collaborative will provide innovative and global co-operative education options by working with Steinbright Career Development Center (SCDC) to develop co-op experiences for students 1) in China, and 2) in government and private organizations focused on China.
- The China Collaborative will cooperate with the Office of International Programs to support study abroad programs for students to develop global competencies and gain applied learning experiences in China.
- The China Collaborative will implement and support Global Classrooms, an initiative of the Office of International Programs, with partners in China, offering cultural and educational exchange opportunities to students within their own fields of study.