Welcome Week festivities will begin with Move-In Weekend on Friday, September 9 through Sunday, September 11! This is when students living in the residence halls will start to move in and set up their rooms. All of us at Drexel are committed to ensuring that our new students and their families have a comfortable, safe, and welcoming first experience as Drexel Dragons.
Cruise Ship Move-In Process
Students will participate in our Cruise Ship Move-In process, where the University and Student Services (USS) team will unload your vehicle and transport all items to your room, while you and your family move the car to parking and continue with the check-in process.
When You Arrive to Move In
You can expect that campus will be bustling during Move-In Weekend but that doesn't mean it has to be stressful! Although plans for 2022 are still evolving, below is an example of previous Move-In Weekend guidance:
- Arrive at the time and location assigned (you'll receive this information by email and through your DrexelOne account). Please be sure to arrive at the assigned time (and not earlier!) in order to prevent prolonged wait-times and backups at the residence halls.
- Bikes will not be brought up to the room. Be prepared to assign someone in your party to take the bike to the bike rack.
- Label each box for move-in with name, hall, room number, and cell phone number.
- If you have not completed your immunization requirements, your shipped items will be waiting for you but you WILL NOT be allowed to obtain your key or drop off any items. You will need to visit the immunization clinic to be cleared for move-in.
- Have fun and enjoy your new home in Philadelphia!