We're pleased to announce that Drexel will be utilizing a premier student move-in company to assist on Move-In Weekend, ensuring our new students and their families have a positive, comfortable, and welcoming first experience as Drexel Dragons.
The following process applies to students moving into Drexel residential halls on the University City Campus on Saturday, September 12, and Sunday, September 13.
Your official move-in information, including assigned time and instructions, will be emailed to your Drexel email address later in August.
Your move-in process will be easy — you won't have to touch a thing. You'll pull up at the time assigned, and the professional movers will unload your car and transport your belongings to your room. You never have to get out of the car. And by the time you park, your items will be waiting for you in your room.
We need your help to make sure that everything goes smoothly, so please follow these simple tips:
- Arrive at the time and location assigned (you'll receive this information by email and through your DrexelOne account). Please be sure to arrive at the assigned time (and not earlier!) in order to prevent prolonged wait-time backups at the residence halls. Arrival locations are outlined according to vehicle type on the Welcome Week Overview page.
- Make sure your Move-in Dash Tag is visible and readily available — you'll receive the tag as soon as you pull up to the first stop in the process.
- You can bring multiple cars, but you need to stay together and tell the movers. Your Move-in Dash Tag will admit one car per family into Drexel's Parking Garage. Additional vehicles can utilize street parking around campus.
- Do all your shopping before you arrive. You only get one pass through the unloading zone.
- If you must get out while the movers are unloading your car, the driver must stay in his/her seat. When the last item is removed, you will need to move your car immediately so that the classmate behind you can unload.
- Don't expect to follow your items to your room — our movers will take care of everything. There will be other elevators or even the stairs to get you to your room after you've parked your car and walked back to your residence hall. Note: if you'll be arriving by taxi or non-private vehicle, you can follow your belongings up to your room.
- Bikes will not be brought up to the room. Be prepared to assign someone in your party to take the bike to the bike rack.
- Label each box for move-in with name, hall, room number, and cell phone #.
- Don't overload boxes. If it's too heavy to pick up, it's overpacked.
- Be careful what you plan to bring up to the room. If it doesn't fit, you'll need to decide what to do, as the movers can't bring it back downstairs again for you.
- If you have not completed your immunization requirements, your items will be brought to your room but you WILL NOT be allowed to obtain your key. You will need to visit the immunization clinic to be cleared for move in.
- Tipping is not allowed, but the thought is appreciated! Our movers operate as a team to get your belongings to the room quickly. No one person deserves a tip when unloaders, transporters, elevator crews, and room unloaders all help in the process.
- Have fun! Our partners have taken away the heavy lifting. Enjoy the experience!