All of us at Drexel are committed to ensuring that our new students and their families have a comfortable, safe, and welcoming first experience as Drexel Dragons.
The following process applies to students moving into Drexel residential halls on the University City Campus on Saturday, September 12, Sunday, September 13, and Monday, September 14. Your official move-in information, including assigned time and instructions, will be emailed to your Drexel email address later in August.
Drexel is committed to preserving and maintaining the health and safety of all members of its community. Even though move-in will look different this year, as we make adjustments to our process in order follow CDC recommendations, our move-in process will still be easy — you won't have to touch a thing.
With our contactless move-in process, students will be asked to mail their belongings directly to Drexel. Additionally, to follow safety precautions, there will be a limit for the amount of people that are allowed to accompany each student during Move-In Weekend and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required.
Remember these three easy steps for Move-In Day:
- Proceed directly to your residence hall to begin check in.
- Unload any items that you brought to Drexel from your vehicle (bin rental will be available with valid driver's license) and head up to your room to find your other items waiting for you.
- Have a friend or family member park the car and settle into your new home in Philadelphia!
We need your help to make sure that everything goes smoothly, so please follow these tips:
- Arrive at the time and location assigned (you'll receive this information by email and through your DrexelOne account). Please be sure to arrive at the assigned time (and not earlier!) in order to prevent prolonged wait-time backups at the residence halls.
- Bikes will not be brought up to the room. Be prepared to assign someone in your party to take the bike to the bike rack.
- Label each box for move-in with name, hall, room number, and cell phone number.
- Don't overload boxes. If it's too heavy to pick up, it's overpacked.
- If you have not completed your immunization requirements, your items will be brought to your room but you WILL NOT be allowed to obtain your key. You will need to visit the immunization clinic to be cleared for move in.
- Have fun!