Noncustodial Parent Supplemental Information
In certain circumstances, Drexel University requires first-year applicants to provide information about their noncustodial parent for consideration of need-based institutional grants. A noncustodial parent is a biological/adoptive parent who you do not live with and is not currently married to the parent you do live with.
The University will make this determination based on the information provided on the applicant's CSS Profile. If Drexel determines you need to submit noncustodial parent information, you will see the requirement listed in the Financial Aid tab on your Discover Drexel portal, in both the Financial Aid Applications and Outstanding Requirement sections; you will also receive email notification of this requirement.
2021–2022 Noncustodial Parent Supplemental Worksheet [PDF]
When completing the worksheet, please remember the following:
- Complete the entire form and do not skip questions, unless the question does not apply to you or your noncustodial parent.
- If your noncustodial parent is married, you will need to provide information about their spouse as well.
- Both you and your noncustodial parent must sign the worksheet; please DO NOT have your custodial parent sign the form.
- Please do not submit any additional documentation other than the worksheet, unless a request is made by the Office of Financial Aid for additional information.
- The form should be uploaded via Discover Drexel:
- Log into Discover Drexel.
- Navigate to the Financial Aid tab.
- In the Outstanding Requirements channel, select the link to "upload" under the Noncustodial Parent Supplemental Worksheet item.
You must submit the worksheet by the deadlines listed below. If Drexel does not receive your worksheet by the deadline, you will not be able to be considered for Drexel grant funding.
Request to Waive Requirement
In certain cases where a student cannot reasonably obtain the necessary information, Drexel will waive the requirement for the Noncustodial Parent Supplemental Worksheet. If your noncustodial parent is unable to complete the worksheet, please submit the Noncustodial Parent Supplemental Waiver Request [PDF] along with supporting documentation via Discover Drexel. The Office of Financial Aid will review your request and email you with a final decision.
You should keep in mind the following about the Waiver:
- Drexel will only consider requests in cases where the information about the noncustodial parent cannot be reasonably obtained.
- A waiver should be submitted before the deadlines listed above to ensure a timely review and response from the University.
- If Drexel denies the waiver request, you will need to submit the worksheet, or we will be unable to consider you for need-based institutional funding.