December 2, 2023 - Via Live Webcast
The theoretical and practical realms of various simulation techniques are presented as well as a review of the competencies for educators working in simulation. Strategies and challenges with simulation will also be presented.
Nurses, Physicians, PAs, Simulation Lab Directors, and other educators involved in simulation.
- Overview of Available Simulation Certifications
- Educational Theories, Learning Theories, Special Concepts & Special Learning Considerations in Simulation
- Human Patient Simulator Simulation
- Debriefing Techniques
- Standardized (Simulated) Patient Simulation & Feedback
- Hybrid Simulation & Part Task Trainers
- Integrating Simulation into the Curriculum or Healthcare Environment
- Operations and Management of the Environment
- Virtual Reality
- Legal & Ethical Issues Related to Simulation & Research
- Test Taking Techniques
8:00 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
To enable the nurse or other health professional to demonstrate competence through success on the simulation certification exam
Overall program objective
Discuss key topics which are examined during the simulation certification exam
8.25 Continuing Nursing Education contact hours will be provided.
You must attend the entire program to receive credit.
Drexel University (DREXEL) College of Nursing and Health Professions, Division of Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP13661 for 8.25 contact hours.
Standards for Integrity and Independence
The provider will collect information from all individuals in a position to control content regarding financial relationships with ineligible companies, analyze the data for relevant financial relationships related to the educational content; and mitigate relevant financial relationships. The results of this analysis will be reported in the course presentation materials.