December 7, 2019
July 11, 2020
December 5. 2020
The theoretical and practical realms of various simulation techniques are presented as well as a review of the competencies for educators working in simulation. Strategies and challenges with simulation will also be presented.
Nurses, Physicians, PAs, Simulation Lab Directors, and other educators involved in simulation.
- Overview of Available Simulation Certifications
- Educational Theories, Learning Theories, Special Concepts & Special Learning Considerations in Simulation
- Human Patient Simulator Simulation
- Debriefing Techniques
- Standardized (Simulated) Patient Simulation & Feedback
- Hybrid Simulation & Part Task Trainers
- Integrating Simulation into the Curriculum or Healthcare Environment
- Operations and Management of the Environment
- Virtual Reality
- Legal & Ethical Issues Related to Simulation & Research
- Test Taking Techniques
8:00 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
To enable the nurse or other health professional to demonstrate competence through success on the simulation certification exam
Overall program objective:
Discuss key topics which are examined during the simulation certification exam
8.25 Continuing Nursing Education contact hours will be provided.
You must attend the entire program to receive credit.
Drexel University (DREXEL) College of Nursing and Health Professions, Division of Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP13661 for 8.25 contact hours.
All planners and presenters at nursing continuing education activities are required to disclose to the audience any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials.