January 9-12, 2023 - Via Live Webcast
May 15-18, 2023 - Via Live Webcast
August 14-17, 2023 - Via Live Webcast
This week-long intensive immersion course provides participants theory and hands-on training with leading-edge simulation skills using state-of-the-art computerized manikins (Human Patient Simulators, or HPS) and patient actors, also known as standardized patients (SP).
Programming covers a broad spectrum — from design and implementation of scenarios to setting up and running a simulation center. Participants completing the week-long course will earn a Drexel University "Certificate in Simulation."
Academic Nursing Faculty, Staff Development,
Simulation Lab Coordinators, and Health Professionals Interested in Simulation
- The History of Simulation
- Introduction to Human Patient Simulator (HPS) Case Development
- Debriefing Best Practices
- Implementing Case Design
- Human Patient Simulator (HPS) Case Development
- Simulation Operations and Management
- Simulation Using Standardized Patients
- Standardized Patient Case Development
- Simulation Solutions
- Standardized Patient Experience & Feedback
- Standardized Patient Training
- Standardized Patient Experience Video Evaluation
- The Art & Science of Moulage in Simulation
- Simulation Certification
- Introduction of Simulation into the Curriculum or Healthcare Setting
"This is the most effective and informative conference I have attended. Drexel truly is pulling academia from all over the country into the next generation of innovative teaching in nursing through simulation."
- Jillian Atkinson, New Hartford, NJ
"The experience was invaluable. The opportunity to network with simulation centers around the world, and to receive feedback and to feel the anxiety of the students were things I will never forget."
- Jill Reiter, Vermilion, OH.
"This conference moves in directions with simulation that I had not even dreamed of. I have the tools and follow-up capabilities to bring our simulation program to the next level."
- Linda Visser, Wenatchoe, Washington
"Drexel's simulation course was excellent. It was comprehensive, threading learning theories, debriefing theories, and hands on teamwork throughout to create an effective and engaging HPS scenario and SP case."
- Heather Zerbel, Pinehurst, NC
"Great sharing of resources, information, and experiences with simulation. The entire faculty (from professors, IT staff, and simulation techs) are 100% invested in helping you improve and grow your own simulation programs."
- Shannon Welk, Phila, PA
"Awesome! Very friendly staff! Loved the enthusiasm that staff brought to the conference!"
- Simonne Phelps, Hooksett, NH
"The moulage experience was great! I will be able to use my material in my future simulations!"
- Judy Reeves, Bentonville, AR
"The SP experiences are invaluable and have changed the way I teach and empathize with students."
- Vanessa Johnson, Westonville, OH
"I didn't realize how much I didn't know until I took this Certificate in Simulation program. Not just another class but another experience."
- Michael Greco, New York, NY
"This program provided and intensive, knowledge enriched introduction to the use of simulation in education. I will return to my facility energized with novel ideas for implementation."
- Pamela Vaccari, Paramus, NJ
"It was eye-opening to experience simulations as a student. It will help me to develop future simulations that will more effectively meet objectives."
- Dawn Sgaro, Eaton Twp, OH
"Not only very informative and elucidating to my practice but the team was great without exception. You made all of us feel part of Drexel and it felt like we knew each other for a long time. Very considerate to students' specific needs."
"We were valued by you and treated like family. Not only did you have knowledge, but gave us tools to help us succeed. The financial piece was especially beneficial since we are building a new sim lab."
- Janis Tollider, Berea, KY
"This program needs to be included in the curriculum for every nurse educator program! A powerful teaching/learning method for pre-licensure nursing students bringing reality into the lab setting."
- Barbara Shelor, Crystal Lake, Illinois
2023 Registration: $2,299.00
All registration forms received by mail must include FULL payment in order to be processed and reserve a seat in this course. You will receive an email confirmation once your registration and payment have been processed.
Certificate in Simulation Tuition Includes:
- Comprehensive handouts.
- Hands on Sessions
- Moulage Kit
- Copy of the book "Review Manual for the Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator Exam (Second Edition)" L. Wilson & R. Wittmann-Price, Springer Publishers 2019
- Contact Hour Certificate.
We encourage early registration so that we can get confirmation and additional information to you. You will receive a confirmation within 2 weeks of our receipt of your registration fee. If you do not receive confirmation, or if you have any questions, please call us at 800.666.7737.
To enable the nurse and healthcare professional to increase knowledge on simulation strategies, simulation case development, simulation case implementation, simulation case evaluation, debriefing strategies and moulage techniques.
Overall Program Objectives
1. Discuss the creation and management of a simulation center
2. Describe the creation and implementation of HPS and SP scenarios
3. Discuss the evaluation process to include debriefing and satisfaction
27.25 Continuing Nursing Education Contact Hours will be provided
You must attend the entire program to receive credit.
Drexel University (DREXEL) College of Nursing and Health Professions, Division of Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP13661 for 27.25 contact hours.
Standards for Integrity and Independence
The provider will collect information from all individuals in a position to control content regarding financial relationships with ineligible companies, analyze the data for relevant financial relationships related to the educational content; and mitigate relevant financial relationships. The results of this analysis will be reported in the course presentation materials.