MedTech Innovation I & II
GIP Global Classroom
Fall and Spring 2021 - 3 credits
MedTech Innovation I
- This collaborative course aims to take the student on the medtech innovation journey from ‘concept to commercialization’ starting from the R&D bench all the way to healthcare trench in the context of five companies selected for case study worldwide.
- Students will be given the opportunity to virtually meet, interact with, learn from company representatives, conduct technology, management and commercialization due diligence.
- Select students will be invited to contribute to the medtech innovation process and strategy. The course intends to help students gain exposure to medtech innovation culture and enrich their medtech networks globally.
Students will gain
- One-on-one mentoring with professionals in the medtech industry.
- Acquire skills in accessing local and global innovation ecosystem.
- Leverage opportunties for future co-op and career goals.
MedTech Innovation II
The Medical Technology Innovation (MedTech) series of courses aim to take students on the innovation journey from ‘concept to commercialization,’ starting from the R&D bench to the healthcare trench. The series deepens understanding of medtech innovation by exposing learners to medtech innovation players, culture and community locally and globally.
Each course in the series introduces students to start-up companies that are commercializing first-in-kind medical solutions worldwide. Exposure to case-study companies hones students’ competence in technology due diligence according to established standards.
MedTech II offered in Winter Term focuses on biologics, in particular, emerging fronts in biosensing, gene, cell, tissue and immune technologies. The first course in the series emphasizes novel medical devices.
MedTech courses do not carry prerequisites. New students are encouraged to enroll in MedTech II. Specially tailored assignments and teaming with continuing students facilitate rapid acclimation. Interested and qualified students from allied academic majors at Drexel as well as partner universities overseas are welcome.
Students will gain
- Experience in technology assessment, management review and commercialization due diligence
- Mentorship by global medtech innovators and entrepreneurs
- Familiarity and access to local and global medtech innovation ecosystem
- Future cooperative education (co-op) and career opportunities
Meet Our MedTech Innovation Students
Koç University, Turkey 🇹🇷
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China 🇨🇳