Neuroengineering and Neuroergonomics
GIP Global Classroom
In Partnership with Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- This course aims to provide students in the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems the opportunity to explore recent advances in neuroengineering and neuroergonomics to initiate collaborative research/education opportunities between Drexel and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- This is a formal credit course for Drexel students. For students at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, this will be a seminar and not a formal course.
- By participating in this program, students have the opportunity to explore the most recent advances in neuroengineering and neuroergonomic research and to explore the opportunities to participate in international collaboration between Drexel and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Students will gain
- Participate in Webinars organized from both end of the unit.
- Be exposed to the ongoing research activities in Drexel Biomed and Shanghai Tech.
- Explore the opportunity to possibly participate in international collaborations between the two units.
GIP Global Classrooms feature high-profile speakers from around the world.
September 29, 2020
Translational Neural Engineering: Design of Medical Devices that Convert Hypothesis into Treatment
Marom Bikson, PhD
Co-director of Neural Engineering at The City College of New York (CCNY),
and New York Center for Biomedical Engineering
September 22, 2020
Neuroengineering: From the Basics of Brain-Machine Interface to Frontiers of Neuroprosthetics
Nitish V. Thakor, PhD
Professor of Biomedical Eng, Electrical Eng, Neurology, Johns Hopkins University
Fellow, IEEE, BMES, AIMBE, IFMBE
Editor in Chief, Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing