Drexel Dance Auditions 2023
We’d love to get to know you! We are interested in how you think, move and express yourself. Each of the following will help us to learn more about what kind of a dancer, artist, creative problem solver and community member you might be. We have two options for auditions; video submission or live audition.
Video submissions will be accepted starting August 1. Please submit the following videos through Slideroom:
Note: We do not need a highly polished or edited video! Something filmed simply with your phone is fine. We are interested in seeing who you are as a mover and person, not your skills as a filmmaker. If you have any questions about how to submit these videos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to help.
1. Film yourself answering the following two questions:
a. What is it about dance at Drexel that made you apply to this program?
b. What do you contribute to a community? Can you share an example?
c. Tell us about your interest and involvement in the dance community
2. Choose any two of the following five combinations. Learn the combination and submit a video of yourself doing this combination. Combination videos can be found by clicking each technique.
a. Ballet (video with Blanca Huertas-Agnew)
b. Modern (video with Jennifer Morley)
c. Jazz (video with Britt Fishel)
d. Hip-Hop (video with Clyde Evans)
e. West African Pt. 1 + West African Pt 2. (video with Antoinette Coward-Gilmore)
3. Prepared Solo- prepare a 90-second solo based on a creative task turned into a solo. This can be in any dance form, including Hip-Hop, Jazz, classical Indian, Spanish, Irish, etc. You may use music, text, soundtrack, or silence.
Sunday, October 23, 2022
Saturday, December 10, 2022
Saturday, January 7, 2023
This will include Ballet, Modern, and West African.
In addition to the technique portion of the audition, you will be required to present a 90-second solo based on a creative task turned into a solo. This can be in any dance form, including Hip-Hop, Jazz, classical Indian, Spanish, Irish, etc. You may use music, text, soundtrack, or silence. This will be presented in front of a panel.
Interested in learning more about Dance at Drexel? Contact us to participate in:
Drexel Dance Major Experience Visit
November 11, 2022
Go through a dance major’s schedule for a day!
Dance Day at Drexel
February 4, 2023
To participate in either of the above events or for other questions, please email email@example.com
AUDITION DEADLINES FOR ENTERING IN FALL 2023:
- Early decision students must submit materials no later than November 1, 2022
- Regular decision students must submit materials no later than January 15, 2023
- Transfer applicants can submit an audition on a rolling basis