Drexel Dance Auditions 2022
We’d love to get to know you! We are interested in how you think, move and express yourself. Each of the following will help us to learn more about what kind of a dancer, artist, creative problem solver and community member you might be.
Please submit the following videos through Slideroom:
Note: We do not need a highly polished or edited video! Something filmed simply with your phone is fine. We are interested in seeing who you are as a mover and person, not your skills as a filmmaker. If you have any questions about how to submit these videos, please email email@example.com. We’d be happy to help.
1. Film yourself answering the following two questions:
a. What is it about dance at Drexel that made you apply to this program?
b. What do you contribute to a community? Can you share an example?
2. Choose any two of the following five combinations. Learn the combination and submit a video of yourself doing this combination. Combination videos can be found by clicking each technique.
a. Ballet (video with Blanca Huertas-Agnew)
b. Modern (video with Jennifer Morley)
c. Jazz (video with Britt Fishel)
d. Hip-Hop (video with Clyde Evans)
e. West African Pt. 1 + West African Pt 2. (video with Antoinette Coward-Gilmore)
3. Complete the following creative task and have it turn into a short dance (of no more than 90 seconds): Begin by moving in your favorite way and then transform it. You may use music, text, sound track or silence for this project.
Interested in learning more about Dance at Drexel? Contact us to participate in:
Drexel Dance Major Experience Visit
November 11, 2021
Go through a dance major’s schedule for a day!
Dance Day at Drexel
January 29, 2022
To participate in either of the above events or for other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
AUDITION DEADLINES FOR ENTERING IN FALL 2022:
- Early decision students must submit materials no later than November 1, 2021
- Regular decision students must submit materials no later than January 15, 2022
- Transfer applicants can submit an audition on a rolling basis