Drexel Dance Auditions for 2024-25 academic year
We’d love to get to know you! We are interested in how you think, move and express yourself. Each of the following will help us to learn more about what kind of a dancer, artist, creative problem solver and community member you might be. We have two options for auditions; video submission or live audition.
Video submissions will be accepted starting August 1. Please submit the following videos through Slideroom:
Note: We do not need a highly polished or edited video! Something filmed simply with your phone is fine. We are interested in seeing who you are as a mover and person, not your skills as a filmmaker. If you have any questions about how to submit these videos, please email email@example.com. We’d be happy to help.
1. Film yourself answering the following two questions:
a. What is it about dance at Drexel that made you apply to this program?
b. What do you contribute to a community? Can you share an example?
c. Tell us about your interest and involvement in the dance community
2. Choose any two of the following five combinations. Learn the combination and submit a video of yourself doing this combination. Combination videos can be found by clicking some techniques.
i. Please provide a video not exceeding 10 minutes. The video must include Barre and Center work. All work at the barre to include one side only (please alternate sides).
Battement Jetes (It needs an accent on the 2nd e)
b. Modern (video with Val Ifill)
c. Jazz (video with Britt Fishel)
d. Hip-Hop (video with Clyde Evans)
e. West African Pt. 1 + West African Pt 2. (video with Antoinette Coward-Gilmore)
3. Prepared Solo- prepare a 90-second solo based on a creative task turned into a solo. This can be in any dance form, including Hip-Hop, Jazz, classical Indian, Spanish, Irish, etc. You may use music, text, soundtrack, or silence.
Sunday, October 29, 2023
Saturday, January 13, 2024
This will include Ballet, Modern, and West African.
In addition to the technique portion of the audition, you will be required to present a 90-second solo based on a creative task turned into a solo. This can be in any dance form, including Hip-Hop, Jazz, classical Indian, Spanish, Irish, etc. You may use music, text, soundtrack, or silence. This will be presented in front of a panel.
Interested in learning more about Dance at Drexel? Contact us to participate in:
Dance Day at Drexel
February 10, 2024
To participate in either of the above events or for other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
AUDITION DEADLINES FOR ENTERING IN FALL 2024:
- Early decision students must submit materials no later than November 1, 2023
- Regular decision students must submit materials no later than January 15, 2024
- Transfer applicants can submit an audition on a rolling basis