Drexel Social Science Research Committee Bus Trip to DC – Registration Ending Soon
October 11, 2019
Drexel Social Science Research Committee is pleased to announce that we will organize a bus trip to Washington, DC for Drexel social scientists to meet program officers from various federal grant agencies. Grant officers will have a panel discussion on topics like “How to write a proposal that fits a call?” They will also join Drexel social scientists in a roundtable discussion on how to be awarded federal grants with a social science focus.
The bus trip itself is a good opportunity for Drexel scholars to meet colleagues with similar interests. Random encounters are an important source of novel ideas. We will facilitate scholarly interaction on the bus trip (e.g., let people with interest in similar grant areas sit close to each other).
WHO: Drexel social scientists or colleagues whose research is related to human behavior
WHEN: Oct 30, 2019 (Wednesday)
WHERE: Drexel DC Center
8:30-12:00: Bus Ride to DC (snacks provided)
12:00-1:15: Panel Discussion with Grant Program Officers (lunch provided)
1:30-2:45: Roundtable Discussion
3:00-6:30: Return to Philly (box dinner provided).
Registration is required. Please reserve your spot before registration closes on Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
Confirmed Program Officers (more to be added):
- Susan Azrin, PhD. Program chief, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Mental Health Services in Primary Care
- Brett Miller, PhD. Program director, National Institute of Child Development (NICHD).
- Reading, Writing, and Related Learning Disabilities Program
- John Parker, PhD Program director, National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Science and Technology Studies; Understanding the Rules of Life
- Karl Rockne, PhD Program director, National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Emerging Frontier in Research and Innovation 2020; Environmental Engineering; Environmental Engineering and Sustainability Cluster
- Betty Tuller, PhD Program director, National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Human-Technology Frontier; Perception, Action & Cognition
Questions? Please email Dali Ma, Associate Professor of Management, LeBow College of Business.