The Department of Public Safety provides a Crime Log to assist individuals in making informed decisions when traveling in and around Drexel University campuses (University City, Center City and Queen Lane) and the surrounding communities. Information noted in the Crime Log is provided to the Department of Public Safety. Official records are maintained in the department's administrative offices at 3201 Arch Street, Suite 350, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Drexel University Crime Log [PDF]
All reported crimes are categorized in accordance with Uniform Crime Reporting requirements established by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The Uniform Crime Reporting Handbook [PDF] contains definitions and classifications for all crime categories.
Disposition Codes Definitions
As part of the Crime Log requirement, Drexel Public Safety is obligated to provide the disposition of the offense, if known. The following definitions apply to codes used by Drexel University:
- Arrest – Apprehension made and defendant processed by Philadelphia Police Department.
- Closed – Preliminary investigation has verified that a crime has been committed; however, further investigation is not possible due to lack of information.
- Pending Investigation DUPD – Incident is currently under investigation by Drexel Police.
- Pending Investigation PPD – Case has been referred to Philadelphia Police Department for further investigation.
- Pending Investigation OED/Title IX – Incident is currently under investigation by Drexel University Office of Equality and Diversity.
- Student Conduct – Forwarded to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
- Unfounded – Complaint investigated and unsubstantiated.