For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Summer Federal Work Study Program (Current Students Only)


Any current student that anticipates securing an unpaid internship in the summer with an eligible government agency or non-profit (including Drexel!) located within the United States and is interested in compensation should consider applying for Federal Work Study program.

The Federal Work Study (FWS) program is a Title IV Federal Aid that funds eligible students who may earn it through work either off-campus for a FWS-qualified organization (must be a government office or non-profit agency located within the United States) or as an on-campus Faculty Research Fellow for one or more Drexel Kline School of Law Professors.

For more information, please email the Office of Finance at

Getting Started

First, you will need to establish your eligibility and apply for work study funding by filing a FAFSA for each award year using Drexel’s school code 003256. While filing a FAFSA, students should indicate their interest in work study by checking the work study box. The FAFSA should be filed by the priority deadline of March 1st. Next, you will need to complete a Federal Work Study Request Form available on the Law School Federal Work Study Program SharePoint.

If you plan to work on campus for a professor as a Summer Faculty Research Fellow, please work with law school’s CSO and faculty directly. Once an appointment is confirmed, please reach out to the Office of Finance at to request hire.

If you plan to work off-campus, a Federal Work Study agreement with Drexel needs to be presented to your off-campus employer.

More information about the process of working either on or off campus can be found on the Law School Federal Work Study Program SharePoint and selecting the FWS Program Guidelines that pertain to your employment choice.