LLM in Health Care and Pharmaceutical Compliance
The LLM degree in Health Care and Pharmaceutical Compliance is designed for experienced attorneys who seek advanced skills in legal regulatory analysis and policy in the fast-changing health law arena.
Year after year, laws and regulations pertaining to health care delivery change and grow more complex, creating tremendous demand for attorneys and compliance professionals with deep knowledge of the industry. Our program provides an immersion in this legal sphere and the skills to create comprehensive compliance programs.
This Health Law LLM program is offered part-time, full-time online and full-time in hybrid format.
The Thomas R. Kline School of Law Health Care Compliance programs are accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB). Many employers are now requiring CCB certification for compliance-related positions. The CCB offers certification in the following areas:
- Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- Certified Healthcare Research Compliance (CHRC)
- Certified Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional International (CCEP-I)
All LLM students will be required to take six (6) core credits offered live or online
- LSTU 507s - Risk Assessment and Management (3 credits)
- LSTU 501s - Compliance Skills: Auditing, Investigation and Reporting (3 credits)
*Foreign-trained students may also be required to complete LSTU 503s Legal Research and Analysis (3 credits) and/or LSTU 500s Introduction to the Legal System (3 credits).
Students will take 18 elective credits (or 12 elective credits plus Thesis Project I & II):
Health and Pharmaceutical Compliance Electives
- LAW 792S Food and Drug Law
- LAW 785S Legal Regulation of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device R&D
- LAW 787S Legal Regulation of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Sales and Marketing Practices
- LAW 872S Heath Law Legal Research
- LSTU 504S Heath Care Regulations
- LSTU 505S Health Care Safety and Risk Management
- LAW 791S Regulating Patient Safety
- LSTU 506 HIPAA Patients and Privacy
- LAW 674S Health Care Fraud and Abuse
- LSTU 515S Information Privacy Law
- LAW 769S The Law of Cybersecurity and Data Protection
- LSTU 516S Legal Strategies in Cybersecurity and Information Privacy Compliance
- LSTU 502 Ethics and Professional Standards
Thesis Project (Optional, 6 credits)
- LAW-998S Thesis Project I (3 credits, classroom component on scholarly writing)
- LAW-999S Thesis Project II (3 credits, independent study including drafting and presenting original work of publishable quality)
PA Lawyers Can Get CLE Credit at Kline
The Kline School of Law is the only law school in the Commonwealth accredited by PACLE to provide distance learning CLE credits. As such, lawyers admitted to practice in Pennsylvania who take online graduate level or advanced degree courses at Kline may claim CLE credit as permitted by PACLE regulation 5(f) governing Credit for Law School and Graduate Level Courses.
Ready to take the next step?