Library Printing, Copying, & Scanning
Multi-Function Printers (2)
- Locations: Copy room (L318) by the University Library staircase and the quiet area by the LRC entrance.
- Capabilities: Printing and copying in color or greyscale (black & white). Scanning to email. Both printers have all functions.
- Printing Costs: Between $0.10 and $0.40 per page, depending on options (color v. greyscale, single-sided or duplex, etc.) See below for a more detailed breakdown.
- Scanning Costs: Free!
Lexis-Nexis Printers (2)
- Location: Copy room (L318) by the University Library staircase
- Costs: Free, but they only print directly from Lexis+.
Paying for Printing
Law students receive $10.00 of free pages each semester for printing or copying and are charged the regular costs thereafter. Any unused portion of this $10.00 credit is not carried over from one semester to the next. Printing costs beyond the $10.00 stipend must be paid for using printing funds on a DragonCard.
DragonCards can be refilled in several ways:
- Visit the DragonCard Office (Rm. 124), which is located in the Creese Student Center, 3210 Chestnut Street, between 32nd and 33rd St. You can use a debit/credit card to add funds at the DragonCard office.
- Go to the DragonCard website (minimum $5).
- Visit the "Campus + Community" tab on the DrexelOne web portal.
- Use the DrexelOne app.
Below are instructions for printing, copying, and scanning. If you need to print something and are not a member of the Drexel University community, please see the Library Assistance desk for help.
Printing from a Laptop or Mobile Device
Students may also print from their laptops and mobile devices using the below instructions. If you have any questions or issues with printing, please visit or contact LawTech (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Go to https://lxu-uniprint.library.drexel.edu/myprintcenter/ on the device from which you would like to print.
- Log-in with your Drexel One credentials.
- Upload your document, select it, and set your printing preferences (color, double-sided, etc.). There is an icon that will show you a print preview.
- There is NO print button and NO printer dropdown menu for the LRC printing setup. Simply walk over to the printer, swipe your card, and select ‘Print Release’ on the left-hand side.
- Select your document.
- At the machine, swipe your DragonCard on the card reader.
- A screen with your account balance will display. Press OK.
- Place your document with the top-left corner aligned with the top-left corner of the copier glass.
- Change any copy settings on the copier touch-screen.
- When you’re ready to copy, press Start once. If you hear a beep, press Start again.
- When your copying is finished, press Exit on the printer screen. The copier will make a series of beeps when your copy job is complete.
[Note: if your session times out after 60 seconds of inactivity, you will need to start over]
- Swipe your DragonCard on the card reader. Press OK.
- Press Main Menu.
- Press Scan & Send.
- Press New Destination.
- Press Email and enter your destination email address (it doesn’t have to be a Drexel account), then press OK.
- Confirm your email address, then press OK. Now the machine is ready to scan.
- Align the first original to the top left corner of the glass surface, face down, then press the green Start button.
- Enter your Drexel username (e.g., abc123), then press OK.
- Enter your Drexel password, then press OK.
- Confirm both, then press OK.
- Confirm paper size and orientation, then press OK.
- Press the green Start button to scan the next original.
- When you are done scanning, press Start Sending, then press Close.
- Press Log Out if you are done using the machine.
- Check your destination email account before leaving the LRC, just in case the scan didn’t go through properly. Note that there may be a transmission delay of 1-2 minutes.
[Note: if your session times out after 60 seconds of inactivity, you will need to start over.]
Rates are as follows:
- Black & white, single-sided: $0.10 per page
- Black & white, duplex: $0.10 per side; $0.20 per page
- Color, single-sided: $0.20 per page
- Color, duplex: $0.20 per side; $0.40 per page
Printing color content to black & white renders the entire print job in grayscale, and charges the black & white page/side rate.