Global Access JD
Kline’s highly competitive Global Access JD prepares graduates of international law programs to practice law in the United States in as little as two years.
Whether you complete the Global Access JD in two years or three, you will have the opportunity to gain experience working alongside legal professionals in a variety of settings through our Co-op Externship Program.
Students learn from an unusually talented faculty with a unique commitment to teaching the distinct skills of American legal practice. U.S. News and World Report has recognized Drexel University as among the nation’s Top 10 most innovative universities. The Kline School of Law has earned similar acclaim from US News, which ranks its legal writing, clinics, and health law programs among the best in the United States.
The Kline School of Law stands apart from other law schools by offering small classes and personalized education in a close and supportive community.
- 2-year 85 credit JD program (30 credits typically taken during the first year)
- Up to 28 credits from your non-U.S. law degree applied towards 85 credit JD requirement
- 15-week Co-op Externship
Support for Learning English
While successful applicants will need to begin their JD studies with a strong command of oral and written English, Drexel University’s renowned English Language Center offers courses to supplement students’ English skills to ensure they will be prepared to take the bar examination.
The law school offers merit scholarships for highly qualified applicants as well as country-related scholarships.
- Application deadline: March 15. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- No LSAT is required, but admission is competitive.
- The Kline School of Law seeks students with strong academic records.
- Students who have gained their first law degree in a language other than English must submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Successful applicants will typically have earned a 100 on the TOEFL or a 7.5 on the IELTS.
Current tuition rates may be found here. The JD requires 85 credits, but students in the Global Access JD Program may transfer up to 28 credits.