MS in Professional Studies
The Master of Science (MS) in Professional Studies program provides students with the highly valued skills — such as writing, strategic planning, persuasion, ethics,
intercultural consciousness, critical thinking, and self-awareness — needed to collaborate, negotiate and lead effectively in today’s workplace. Through an interdisciplinary blend of quantitative and qualitative courses, students can apply their knowledge and skills across multiple industries.
The students who will benefit from the MS in Professional Studies will have a minimum of three years in the workforce. They will be in lower management or looking to move into management, but whose options are limited without the quantitative and qualitative skills necessary to succeed in today’s workplace. Our master's in Professional Studies is offered online, giving you the flexibility to complete your master’s program your way.
Note: Applications are no longer being accepted for this program.
What is a Master of Science in Professional Studies Degree?
Our Master of Science (MS) in Professional Studies teaches you transferable skills like communication, ethics, leadership and strategic decision-making and then solidifies them with the hands-on experience you can speak to in an interview. This program is similar to a Masters of Professional Studies in that they are both intended for working professionals and teach you applicable skills. However, the MS in Professional Studies program goes a step further by encouraging you to practice the research skills and theoretical approaches of a master of science degree with the flexibility and applied skills of a Master’s of Professional Studies.
Read our FAQ for more info.
MS in Professional Studies Program Goals
The MS in Professional Studies program aims to equip students with the following demonstrable skills:
- Communication — enhancing oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills to allow students to easily relate to, collaborate with, and lead others in the work place - both in person and virtually
- Leadership — providing students with the necessary tools to lead people and organizations through the acts of negotiation, attracting and sustaining talent, and thinking and acting strategically to achieve results
- Critical Inquiry — training students to conduct research and collect data using proven scientific methods and then evaluate and analyze that data to make profitable decisions in the workplace
- Ethics — developing a moral and ethical framework from which organizational decisions can be made
Hear from a student
“The Professional Studies program perfectly aligned with what I was looking to gain from a degree program. The focus on experiential learning and discussion, coupled with the opportunities to take real-life problems and utilize the research methods to discover and apply solutions, allowed me to take what I was learning over the course of the program and apply it directly back to my role.
This program is an excellent choice for anyone looking to develop and refine their skills as an effective leader or strengthen their 'power' skills to prepare them for success as they take the next steps in their careers.”
— Jessica Barr, Assistant Director, Enrollment Services, Drexel University Online.
What Can You do with a Master of Science in Professional Studies?
The skills students obtain in our Master of Science in Professional Studies degree program are transferable across a wide variety of industries like business and finance, marketing and communications, government, service and education, Students who complete the program will be well versed in essential skills that are highly sought after by employers. These skills include:
- Team management
- Influencing others
Our professors in the MS in Professional Studies are career professionals who bring real-world workplace situations to our virtual classrooms. This better prepares you to apply your learned skills in the following industries: communications, human resources, finance, insurance, marketing, utilities, pharmaceuticals, among many others. How you apply this degree is up to you! Regardless of the career path you choose, the MS in Professional Studies degree will hone your skills allowing you to leverage yourself into various levels of middle and upper management with continued possibilities to advance your career.
- 3.0 GPA on undergraduate or other completed master’s transcripts
- Two professional recommendations (three preferred)
- Resume (minimum of three years work experience)
- Statement of Purpose (250-500 words)
- Why is the individual pursuing a Master’s degree?
- Students may also submit (if they choose – not required) any of the following:
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Example of a work project that demonstrates his/her current skill
- Up to 6 transfer credits may be accepted if the courses taken closely align with the core courses in the MS in Professional Studies curriculum