The Drexel Food Lab partnered with the Environmental Protection Agency on a project to reduce food waste by developing low-cost, easy, safe, healthy, large-volume recipes for soup kitchens that rely on commonly donated surplus foods including brown bananas, stale baked goods, wilted greens, and bruised fruit.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Roll the pie out to a half inch thick.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Place the crust in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- In a bowl, fold together the pumpkin pie filling and the yogurt.
- Portion into glasses and garnish with the pie crust.
Julianne Scott & Ally Zeitz, Food Lab
- 1 can of Sweet Potatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoon of sage
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 stick melted butter, or ¼ cup of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil.
- Place them in a bowl and sprinkle the seasoning on and toss lightly.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the sheet tray and brush the melted butter onto the sweet potatoes.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Alex De Los Reyes, Food Lab