How can my Fire Department enroll in FOCUS Assessment?
Thank you for your interest in the Fire Service Organizational Culture of Safety (FOCUS) survey. Please review the information below to enroll your department.
To enroll your department please follow the steps outlined below:
You will need the following information by department and station:
- Total Roster Size (inclusive of all active, non-civilian, uniformed personnel, across all shifts/platoons)
- Annual Call Volume (include BOTH Fire and EMS calls for the last calendar year)
- Annual Number of Injuries (last calendar year)
2. After filling out the Department Demographic Form, submit your responses HERE
- The completeness of the information provided will determine your department's eligibility to participate in FOCUS survey administration.
PLEASE NOTE: Only one entry per fire department will be accepted (i.e. Chief, Commissioner, Safety Officer). In addition, FIRST strongly encourages departments to involve their IAFF Local in FOCUS Assessment, if applicable.
3. After submitting your department demographic form responses, your department will be contacted by a FIRST representative with next steps regarding FOCUS survey administration.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can participate in FOCUSv2.0?
Any non-military fire department within the United States is welcome to participate - career or volunteer. Unfortunately at this time our FEMA funding does not allow us to serve military and non-U.S. based departments.
How is the survey administered?
The survey can be administered to your membership through either a paper Scantron form or an online link. The online link can only be used by departments who utilize an online training platform such as Target Solutions. The FOCUSv2.0 assessment does not require a site visit.
The survey is anonymous and does not collect any personal identifiers. Only aggregate data are returned to the department at the department and station levels. No individual responses are shared with the department.
How much does it cost?
The cost of survey materials and analysis is covered by our FEMA grant funding and is FREE to you.
How are my department's FOCUSv2.0 results returned?
After completing the FOCUSv2.0 assessment, your data will be analyzed and returned in a comprehensive report. Your department's results will only be shared with your department's point of contact and will not be shared or identified publicly.
Questions? Please contact Senior Project Manager, Andrea Davis at email@example.com; 267-359-6059