Addressing Hunger and Food Insecurity Among College Students
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
7:00 PM-8:00 PM
the holiday season puts a spotlight on the issues of hunger and food
insecurity, many college students face these challenges year-round. During this virtual panel discussion, experts
will explore factors that perpetuate hunger and food insecurity among college
students and innovative strategies universities are implementing to combat
these national issues.
- Maurice Cottman, Director, Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion, Drexel University
- Evan Ehlers ’19, Founder and Executive Director, Sharing Excess
- Tonii Hicks ’21 (Moderator), Culinary Director, People’s Kitchen and Program Director, Careers Through Culinary Arts (CCAP)
- Madeline Rockett ’23, President, Drexel Urban Growers, Drexel University
- Natalie Shaak '15, Operations Manager, Center for Hunger-Free Communities
Following the discussion, attendees will receive a curated list of ways they can support these issues including resources, organizations and conversation starters.
Registration is free and online at the Drexel Alumni Relations website.
For more information, contact Nikki Bromberg at email@example.com.