Delta Omega Fall Webinar
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
5:00 PM-6:00 PM
Join the Dornsife School of Public Health and Rutgers School of Public Health for the Delta Omega (DO) Chapter
Students from both schools will give brief presentations on research followed by break out sessions for small group conversation with other webinar attendees.
Kimberly D. Williams, MPH, DrPH student in the department of Health Management & Policy at Dornsife, will present her Delta Omega award-winning research, "Racial disparities in treatment completion for substance use persist after implementation of the Affordable Care Act," that will also be featured at the 2020 American Public Health Association Annual Meeting.
Alexandra Fox, an MPH student in the department of Social and Behavioral Health Sciences at the Rutgers School of Public Health, will present on her experience serving as a COVID-19 contract tracer.
- Learn about research and interesting work going on at each school
- Raise awareness about DO and DO activities
- Identify priorities/student ideas about potential DO events/activities and possible collaborations between the schools
- Connect with a small group of fellow students to discuss pre-determined questions
- Introduction: Couple of minutes on DO
- Present research/practice experience
- Discussion (break out room to groups of 4)
- Return to big group — brief report out of ideas to big group
- Conclusion: Identify ideas regarding DO activities and collaborations