For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Transfer Credit from Other Universities

If you are interested in transferring as an undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral student, Drexel Dornsife’s academic advisors can provide guidance on how to receive transfer credit from other accredited colleges and universities.

Keep reading to find out when and how to apply for transfer credit.

Current students can also receive credit for a course at another institution with permission from their program by contacting their academic advisor.

Transfer of Credit for Incoming Undergraduate Students

All students automatically receive a transfer credit evaluation from Drexel University once they have been admitted.

Drexel may grant you credit for courses completed at a college or university that is either regionally accredited or a recognized candidate for accreditation according to the Association of Colleges and Schools/Commission on Higher Education.

The evaluation of transfer credits for international students may require the submission of course syllabi and/or course-by-course evaluation by an approved international credential evaluation service.

For all of the details review Drexel's undergraduate transfer credit evaluation process.

Local community college pathway The Drexel Promise is a new scholarship program that provides students who have earned an associate degree at an accredited community college in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey with a renewable scholarship for 50% of the cost of tuition as they work to complete their bachelor's degree as a Drexel Dragon. Learn more.

Transfer of Credit for Incoming Graduate Students

Incoming graduate students who are transferring from an external institution may transfer up to 15 graduate-level quarter credits toward Drexel Dornsife degree requirements for their master’s or doctoral program.

When to apply for credit transfer: It is recommended that requests be submitted at the time of application for admission to Dornsife. Requests must be received by the Dornsife advisors at least three weeks prior to the start of the student’s program.

How to apply for credit transfer: Students should complete the Application for Credit Transfer form to apply to transfer credit, and submit it to our Dornsife advisors for approval. Students must include an official transcript and course syllabi with the form.

To determine if you are eligible for graduate-level transfer credit, please consider the following requirements/guidelines:

  • Courses must have been completed at a CEPH-accredited institution.
  • Courses must have been completed within the past five years.
  • All transfer credit must have a grade of B (3.00) or better.
  • A maximum of 15 quarter credits may be transferred.
  • Coursework outside the scope of the degree program may not be eligible.
  • Credits from a conferred degree cannot be transferred.

Transfer credit will not be included in computing the student’s grade point average.

If you have a specific question about credit transfers, please reach out to our Dornsife advisors at

Learn more about graduate transfer credit evaluations on Drexel’s Graduate College site.

Transfer Credit Frequently Asked Questions

Can I transfer credits toward a master's degree program from another institution?

Transfer of credits from other CEPH-accredited institutions is considered on a case-by-case basis. Those who have completed graduate coursework in public health should include official transcripts and all course syllabi in their request for transfer credit evaluation. Please review the bulleted list of guidelines above.

Can I transfer credits from a Dornsife certificate to a Dornsife master's program?

Yes, it is possible for most certificate students at the Dornsife School of Public Health to roll some or all credits into a public health master's program. Students must apply to and be accepted into the master's program. Our graduate certificate programs are comprised of courses that earn graduate course credit.

Can a current student take a course at another college and transfer the credits to Dornsife?

Current students may be able to receive credit for a course at another institution if granted permission from their program. Students should contact their academic advisor to initiate the transfer credit request prior to enrolling in the course.

Enhance your career and open yourself to opportunities with Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health.

Request More Information

Apply Today