Visitors and Events
We are happy to welcome visitors to campus! Visitors to Drexel campus facilities fall under the City of Philadelphia's “Vaccine Mandate Regulation” for higher education and should comply with Drexel’s public health policies and procedures. All visitors must be fully vaccinated and obtain a Drexel Health Checker Visitor Pass before they are allowed to participate in Drexel activities or enter campus buildings. This applies to anyone over 12 years old who is not a student or employee (anyone without a current Drexel email address) who will be entering any Drexel building or attending a Drexel indoor event on any campus inside any Drexel owned, leased or controlled building. Note: Drexel is not currently accepting alternatives to the Visitor Health Checker Pass (e.g., medical or religious exemptions or negative COVID tests).
Drexel offers outdoor-only options to explore campus. Self-guided tour brochures can be picked up at our Main Building located at 3141 Chestnut Street, Mondays through Fridays 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Drexel also offers many virtual options to learn more about the university. More information is available at https://drexel.edu/undergrad/visit/overview/.
Reminders for visitors
- Visitors should not physically come to campus if they feel ill, have been exposed to a case of COVID-19, or if they are not fully vaccinated.
- Visitors should obtain a Drexel Visitors Pass up to 24 hours before coming to campus and bring proof of vaccination and personal ID.
- All visitors must wear a well-fitting face covering indoors regardless of vaccination status. Masks with valves are not permitted. Disposable face masks will also be available onsite, if needed.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended outdoors when not able to socially distance.
Visitors to the Admissions Visit Center
Please visit the Drexel Admissions Visit Center page for additional information.
Drexel events on and off campus are currently permitted without requiring specific approval from the Return Oversight Committee. Event hosts should work with Event Services for reservations and setups. When planning events, always prioritize risk reduction practices:
- Outdoor events and meals are always preferable, weather permitting.
- Prioritize grab-and-go or boxed food and beverage over buffets.
- When indoors, face coverings should be worn until sitting down to eat or drink in designated areas.
- Attendees must be seated while eating indoors; indoor events should not have reception-style eating and drinking.
- Allow for distance when planning indoor events that include food and choose well ventilated area/s.
- Ensure hand sanitizer is available.
- Accurate attendee lists must be kept before and after events.
- Off-campus events must follow the specific health and safety guidelines of the venue or location. Drexel hosts may choose to use the Drexel Health Checker Visitor Pass at off-campus events.
Guidelines may be modified and further specified over time, as changes during the COVID-19 pandemic require. Drexel's event guidelines take into account the COVID-19 health and safety requirements issued by federal, state, and local public health authorities, as well as by Drexel University medical and public health experts.
Thank you for complying with these procedures to keep you, your contacts, and our whole campus community safe. If you have further questions, your Drexel University contact will be able to help answer them.
Updated October 18, 2021