What Can You Do With a Political Science Degree?
BENEFITS OF A POLITICAL SCIENCE DEGREE
From advanced knowledge of government systems and political development, to marketable skills in research, data analysis and communication, the benefits of a political science degree are numerous. Political science majors learn to carefully analyze information and write with sensitivity to many political and cultural factors.
The skills acquired by a political science degree include:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Use of data analysis and theory
- Knowledge of worldwide political systems and processes
- Cross-cultural knowledge and understanding
- Experience with research methods and independent projects
CAREERS WITH A POLITICAL SCIENCE DEGREE
The uses for a political science degree are numerous in a society with complex institutional dynamics and constantly changing political factors. A political science degree is excellent preparation for careers in law, policy and government, as well as many positions that require analytical and communication skills.
What you can do with a political science degree spans many fields and positions. The following is a list of some of the jobs you can get with a political science degree:
Government, Law and Policy
- Public official
- Intelligence analyst
- Campaign staff
Education and Nonprofit
- Professor or teacher
- Human rights advocate
- Nonprofit director
- Community service manager
- Social science researcher
Public Relations and Communications
- Social media manager
- Public relations specialist
- Marketing director
- Content writer
Business and Consulting
- Business analyst
- Market research analyst
- Political consultant
- Survey researcher
BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TOWARD A CAREER IN POLITICAL SCIENCE
Graduates of Drexel’s Political Science program demonstrate the range of outcomes that make a political science degree worth it. Recent graduates have gone on to bachelor’s in political science jobs like:
- Senior Specialist of Political Affairs, Comcast
- Special Events Coordinator, Center for American Progress
- Senior Analyst, Ciright Systems, Inc.
- Intellectual Property Assistant, Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear, LLP
- Administrator, Foundation for Individual Rights in Education
- Law student, Harvard Law
Find out what you can do with a political science degree from Drexel’s Department of Politics. Apply now, or visit our campus to experience life at Drexel firsthand.