Support Our College
Launching Change-Makers for the World
Today, the world is evolving faster than ever before, shaped and challenged by sweeping and unprecedented forces like climate change, globalization, population growth and the digital revolution. The key to surviving and thriving — to creating progress — in this shifting landscape is understanding the human condition and how humanity’s needs drive communities, cities, entire countries.
Drexel University’s College of Arts and Sciences (CoAS) is founded on the innovative ideal that human progress and fulfillment lie at the intersection of art, science and industry. We embrace society’s greatest challenges through boundless curiosity, focused research and continuous innovation. The world looks to our faculty for their expertise in areas like disease biology, crime and justice policy, STEM education, global social movements, neuropsychology, and more. Our student labs and research centers yield tangible solutions that advance human progress and make life better: tools to fight water and air pollution, strategies to improve cognitive function, innovative approaches to combat the nation’s opioid epidemic.
We are a pipeline of talent — ambitious leaders, thinkers and change-makers that the world needs today and tomorrow.
We seek partners who share our passion and vision. Your investment in the College of Arts and Sciences will not only empower us to realize our greatest potential, but will also put your stamp on the future.
This is an unrestricted fund to use for the college’s top priorities. Funds may be used to help support Undergraduate Humanities Fellowships, faculty and student academic programming, community-based learning initiatives or to improve teaching and research facilities and strengthen our faculty.
This fund supports students who have increased financial hardship; students who are interested in attending professional meetings; and students in need of support for travel abroad and engagement in civic activities.
This fund supports students who wish to add a global perspective to their studies, either through research, co-op or study abroad. The fund is also used to support students in the humanities and social sciences who find unpaid co-op positions with nonprofits or other worthy organizations. Both of these résumé-enhancing experiences are invaluable to our students' growth; however, without financial support, students may be unable to participate in these transformative opportunities.
At CoAS, the future is a place — of health, innovation, opportunity — we make. Help shape the vision of our College by investing in Drexel’s intellectual foundation or supporting our commitment to the community.
Drexel as an Intellectual Powerhouse
Since its founding more than 125 years ago, Drexel has evolved from a regional commuter school to a world-class research institution. To continue this trajectory, we must increase investment in our intellectual foundation – the College of Arts and Sciences. By doing so, we ensure that our graduates are critical, flexible thinkers and experienced professionals who are ready and willing to become leaders of change in the world.
- $500,000: Endow a fund dedicated to providing students with diverse co-curricular opportunities like study abroad, travel courses and research initiatives, through both endowed and current-use support. Endow a fund dedicated to one experience for $50,000.
- $100,000: Endow a student scholarship so that, in perpetuity, the best and brightest students choose Drexel and make the most of a Drexel education once they’re here. Make an immediate impact by creating a current-use scholarship for $25,000.
- $50,000: Fund the creation of new and improved, customizable teaching spaces that support the College’s innovative, active-learning approaches in STEM fields, particularly biology and chemistry.
Drexel as a Champion for the Community
As champions for the community, CoAS offers more than the traditional liberal arts education. Our students are eager to serve society, and they often pursue co-ops in the nonprofit arena. In our unique community-based learning courses, students are placed in eye-opening environments — prisons, hospitals, homeless shelters, hospice centers — to confront difficult societal issues alongside the people who grapple with these issues firsthand. Through these powerful experiences, our students gain a nuanced understanding of the world, their place within it, and difference they can make.
- $2 million: Create an endowed fund that provides stipends for students taking on unpaid co-ops. This will create a lasting resource ensuring that students are able to pursue meaningful, hands-on experiences that best meet their career goals. Support unpaid co-ops right away with a current-use gift of $10,000.
- $2 million: Endow the position of Director of Community-Based Learning, which will build on CoAS’ strategic partnerships with a focus on curricular development and training for faculty.
- $120,000: Provide current-use support for the development and delivery of 20 community-based courses per year. Help us meet discipline-specific learning objectives and fund needs such as supplies, transportation and teaching costs.