Obesity, dietary health, eating disorders and physical activity attainment are significant public health concerns, and there is a clear need for academic programs that provide training to the next generation of scientists focused on these pressing concerns. The core teaching mission of the WELL Center is to provide undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate trainees across multiple disciplines with experiential learning opportunities designed to foster expertise in the science of behavior change related to obesity, eating disorders and lifestyle modification. Those trained in the Center will be prepared to design, implement and evaluate novel treatments for obesity, eating disorders and sedentary behavior. Thus, training will span research, clinical and consulting domains.
Professional Training Offered
The WELL Center offers off-site and on-site training in the following specialty areas:
- Acceptance-based behavioral treatment (ABT) for obesity
- Acceptance-based behavioral treatment for eating disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for Binge Eating and Bulimia Nervosa
- Physical activity promotion
- Deploying just-in-time adaptive interventions (JITAIs)
For more information about training or to request a training, please contact Michael Machado, at email@example.com.