Physics Education Research (PER)
WHAT IS PHYSICS EDUCATION RESEARCH?
Physics Education Research (PER) is the study of teaching and learning in physics. The Drexel PER Network is a collection of researchers focused on various aspects and elements of teaching and learning in physics.
Physics Education Research Topics
Within this field there are a few topics of particular focus including:
- Introductory physics course reform
- Modeling Instruction curriculum development, implementation, and assessment
- Applications of network analysis in physics-affiliated learning environments
- Studies of retention and persistence in physics
- Neuroimaging studies of physics students
- Designing and assessing outreach activities, such as research experiences for high school students
- Improving communication skills for STEM researchers
FACULTY CONDUCTING PHYSICS EDUCATION RESEARCH
Associate Professor of Physics and Science Education
Disque Hall 918
|Physics Education Research, Introductory course reform, Network analysis in learning, Neuromechanisms of learning