Christiana Care Student Nurse Interview Day: Monday, April 15th
- Are you interested in gaining experience in an acute care setting throughout your nursing school career?
- Will you have completed at least one clinical rotation by the start of the program in June or do you have direct patient care experience already?
- Are you ready to show off your interview skills and be provided an offer within 24 hours if you have earned a spot as one of our Student Nurse Externs?
Please read about the Student Nurse Extern Program and follow the link below to apply to and be considered for their Interview Day on Monday, April 15 from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Please note that we only have 100 interview spots for this day and you will not want to delay in securing yours!
STUDENT NURSE EXTERN POSITIONS
Christiana Care Health System—a Magnet® designated health care system— is located in the heart of New Castle County, Delaware, just 30 minutes from Philadelphia and an easy drive from New York, Baltimore and Washington. With locations in Wilmington and Newark, DE, it is one of the largest health care providers in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Named one of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report, we have an excess of 1,100 beds between our two hospitals and are committed to providing the best patient care.
Christiana Care Health System is in search of candidates to fill future casual student nurse extern positions for our hospital. The student nurse extern positions will start on June 17, 2019.
Successful candidates must attend the following classes to participate in this program:
- “Day One” on Monday, June 17
- Classes on June 19, 21, 24
- Ten shifts of orientation must be attended within four weeks
The Student Nurse Extern is a casual position and the work schedule is flexible. Most departments within Christiana Care are able to work around students' classes and clinical rotations. Applicants must be available to work 16 hours bi-weekly. Hospital based Student Nurse Applicants must be available to work any shift (Day, Evening, Midnight), along with working weekends and holidays.
Hospital-based student nurse externs provide hygiene, comfort measures and selected direct and indirect patient care activities and ancillary duties for pediatric, adolescent and adult patients under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
Please note: The Student Nurse Extern position is a continuous, year-round position and is not meant as a winter or summer externship only. Please do not apply if you are looking for a winter or summer externship position only.
- Enrollment in an Accredited Bachelors of Science Nursing (BSN) Program with the ultimate goal of becoming a Registered Nurse
- GPA 2.8 or better
- One Completed Clinical Rotation is required and/or direct patient care experience
- Expected graduation date of May 2020 or later
Please visit our career website and search for the follow requisition numbers to apply: Christiana Health System Nurse Externship: 47189 or click here.
Attach your resume, cover letter and transcripts with your online application, cover letter is to include your reason for becoming a nurse and why you want to work for Christiana Care.
For questions, please contact Cathleen Mengel Cathleen.email@example.com
All of these positions will be posted through March 25, 2019.
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.