For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.


Student Film Insurance

The Office of Risk Management can assist any Drexel University student required to shoot a film as part of required coursework for the Department of Cinema and Television and whoever will be involved with shooting at an outside location requiring evidence of liability insurance coverage. Please be advised that location insurance is not automatic and the issuance of coverage will be decided after a review of the film and the location being proposed. At this time, location insurance is the only insurance provided for student films. Please note that the University does not insure SAG actors or any actors for workers' compensation and no student should sign any agreement which agrees to provide this coverage.

Outside Location Shoots

If an outside location requires evidence of liability coverage before allowing you to shoot your film at that location, the following steps listed below must be completed to obtain a certificate of insurance. We recommend not volunteering to provide a certificate of insurance unless the location specifically requests one. This can avoid running around on both our end and your end. If the location requires an agreement in addition to insurance, this agreement must be reviewed by the Office of Risk Management prior to it being signed.

Steps to Obtain Insurance

  1. Requests must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to the date needed.
  2. You must complete the Request for Location Insurance Form and contact the Office of Risk Management at (215) 895-6852.
  3. Depending on the film project, a short meeting may be required.

Library Instruction & Research Support

Research guides for Film & Television are available on the Drexel University Library page.