September 21, 2016
The prestigious London-based fashion trade publication, Business of Fashion, recently released their rankings and have our Fashion programs as #3 in the United States and #11 in the world. College Factual, which produces USA Today’s College Guide, new rankings have Westphal as #5 nationally out of 223 schools in the category of Best Design and Applied Arts Schools. We are obviously brimming with pride at this recognition, as well as with our top-ranked programs in Gaming, Interior Design, Design & Merchandising, and Product Design.
The Business of Fashion rankings are based on a rigorous survey process and their report said of Drexel’s Fashion programs that we “showed strong results regarding students’ contentment with the institution’s campus and resources. Students rated the college’s career services highly, and job placement within six months reflected a high score at 90%. The majority of students felt prepared for employment in the fashion world and according to student comments, the University did well in exposing interdisciplinary design, which enables deeper specialization and research in the fields of fashion, merchandising and product development.”
College Factual is an online service that creates tools to help students find the best fitting colleges. Their ranking is based on the use of more objective data, rather than the often used subjective survey data. This makes their rankings stronger in many areas, by taking into questions such as “Can these students actually make a living after graduation?”.
Our additional nationally ranked programs are:
- Undergraduate and Graduate Digital Media: Top 10 in the USA by The Princeton Review
- Design & Merchandising: #3 in the nation by Fashionista.com
- Graphic Design: “Highest Honors” top design schools by GDUSA and two students included in “Students to Watch” list
- Interior Design: #10 in the nation by DesignIntelligence
- Graduate Interior Architecture & Design: #10 in the Nation by DesignIntelligence
- Product Design: #14 in the nation by College Values Online