The Steinbright Career Development Center gratefully acknowledges the contributions of our Veteran students. Steinbright is here to help you with all of your career, cooperative education (co-op) and job search needs.
Veterans with questions regarding the services the Steinbright Career Development provides can contact Angela Brennan, a member of the Drexel University Veterans Taskforce.
- Baseops Résumé Writing – A how-to for veterans to translate a military résumé into a co-op/professional civilian résumé.
- Careers for the Transitioning Military – Careers for the Transitioning Military provides online skill assessments and career guides to assist with career planning.
- O*NET OnLine – Military Crosswalk Search – The Military Crosswalk Search is a career assessment tools that assists in matching military skills to civilian positions across all disciplines.
- Drexel's On the Job Resources – While you are working on co-op, you will encounter new people and situations, which may cause questions to arise. Always remember that your co-op advisor is available to assist you, too.
- Drexel's Center for Military and Veteran Services
- Drexel Veterans Association (DVA) – Get information about DVA meetings, social events, networking events, and seminars for veteran students. DVA is a student organization that provides support to students with similar backgrounds, interests, and objectives.
- Drexel Veteran Alumni Network (DVAN) – DVAN provides networking and social opportunities for students and alumni as well as comprehensive support for veteran alumni.
- Greater Philadelphia Veterans Network (GPVN) – GPVN is a local non-profit group that provides a variety of year-round workshops and networking events for veterans.
- Student Veterans of America (SVA) – SVA provides workshops and conferences throughout the country. Drexel University's Veterans Association is a member of this national group.
- LinkedIn Social Impact for Veterans – Empowering veterans through programs and partnerships, includes a free one-year premium subscription.
- Military Times Best For Vets: Employers 2022 Rankings
- FourBlock Philadelphia Career Readiness Program – A community of veterans and employers offering career advice and resources.
- American Corporate Partners (ACP) – ACP is a nationwide mentoring program assisting Veterans and Spouses with career coaching.
COOP 101 is a 10-week course designed to prepare you for your co-op experience and to develop career planning and job search skills that will remain relevant throughout your career. Successful completion of COOP 101 is required for participation in Drexel University's co-op program.
Recognizing that some students enter Drexel with many of the fundamentals that are the basis of COOP 101, we offer a version of this course, COOP 001 - Co-op Essentials. The COOP 001 curriculum focuses on transition. Embarking on a new career, creating targeted résumés, and leveraging previous experience during interviews are among the topics that are discussed.
During the fall, winter and spring terms, Drexel offers a section of COOP 001 specifically for Veterans. If you are interested in this option or if you would like additional information, contact Angela Brennan.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
The office is closed daily from 12 p.m.–1 p.m.