Readmission to the University
Effective Date: 9/10/18
Issuing Authority: Provost
Issuing Office: Office of the Provost
PURPOSE AND APPLICATION
Students who were previously enrolled at Drexel University and have not been enrolled for four or more consecutive quarters or three or more consecutive semesters, must apply for readmission to return to active status and register for classes.
STATEMENT OF POLICY
Students who were previously enrolled at Drexel University but are no longer considered an active student due to lack of enrollment must apply for readmission. For the purposes of this policy, the student is no longer active due to the following reasons:
- Student has not been enrolled for four or more consecutive quarters or three or more consecutive semesters
- Student officially withdrew from the University pursuant to the Withdrawal from the University policy
- Student was academically dismissed and was not reinstated within four or more consecutive quarters or three or more consecutive semesters
Readmission is not guaranteed. The terms and conditions for readmission are at the discretion of the academic programs and the colleges/schools
- A student seeking readmission to the same program in which they were last enrolled and having left in good standing, may be offered an opportunity for readmission in a term determined by the college/school. If a change in curriculum requirements has occurred since the last term of enrollment, a student may be required to complete additional coursework to graduate. Students academically dismissed from an academic program may not be readmitted to the same program.
- A student seeking admission to a program different from that in which they were last enrolled may be offered an opportunity for readmission to the University in a new program in a term determined by the college/school of the new program. Credit for previous successfully completed courses will be applied to the new program at the discretion of the new program.
- Students who have graduated with a certificate or degree and are seeking to enroll in another certificate or degree program must proceed through the formal admission process for the new program through the Office of Admissions.
- Generally, students who have formally withdrawn from the University and are seeking readmission, cannot apply for readmission for the subsequent term following the formal withdrawal.
- Continuing students who initiate a leave of absence for four quarters or three semesters must be officially readmitted when they return to the university.
- New first time and transfer students who request a leave of absence or drop all courses for their first term of enrollment, must be officially readmitted for enrollment in subsequent terms.
- Students who have been permanently dismissed from the University may not be readmitted.
ENTITIES AFFECTED BY THIS POLICY
All students except those in JD and MD degree programs
Students must submit an application for readmission through the Office of Admissions.
- Enrollment (includes Add/Drop/Withdrawal)
- Dismissal from the University
- Academic dismissal
- Permanent dismissal
- Statute of limitations for earned course credit
- Academic Dismissal