Changing Your Program of Study: Graduate Students

Policy Statement

Students who are currently matriculating in a graduate program and who wish to change their graduate curriculum or program of study should consult with the graduate academic advisor and/or director of the program to which they intend to switch for a list of requirements and timelines/deadlines which may be program specific, as well as inform their current advisor of their intentions. A review of completed coursework, such as a transfer credit evaluation, may be necessary to determine proper course placement and academic plan of study/time to completion according to departmental policies and guidelines.

Students who have inactive status with the University should follow the Readmission process.

Students who are yet to begin their graduate academic program should contact Graduate Admissions to discuss requirements to switch their intended program of study prior to starting