Institutional Research, Assessment and Accreditation
The Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Accreditation aims to provide timely, accurate and unbiased data and analysis for institutional decision-making, assessment, effective management and strategic planning.
Among the key duties of the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Accreditation are the following:
- Student Success: Develop data-driven processes and analytics to improve student retention, satisfaction and success.
- Decision Support: Conduct strategic research to provide decision support for senior administration; ad hoc research for University committees and task forces.
- Benchmarking: Benchmark Drexel’s institutional performance against that of peer institutions.
- Data Warehousing: Serve an advisory role to Drexel's data warehouse initiative, to ensure consistent and appropriate data definition; perform integration of institutional data across time and across multiple content areas and administrative systems.
- Official Reporting: Ensure external regulatory compliance and guidebook reporting; internal requests for data and reporting.
- Assessment: Produce relevant and reliable data for aligning curricular design, course content, and pedagogical approaches consistent with Drexel’s mission and values.
- Accreditation: Support regional and programmatic accreditation, including by managing the process to achieve accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
In September 2022, the Office of Assessment and Accreditation and the Office of Institutional Research were merged into one office, a process that is ongoing. As the structure and responsibilities of the team are assessed, web content will be updated accordingly.
View More Information About Institutional Research
View More Information About Assessment and Accreditation
Tableau is Drexel's platform for visualizing institutional data and analysis to support decision-making. An example of Tableau’s visual data representations is provided below. Drexel faculty and staff with a need to access administrative data resources can request Tableau access by contacting the Office of Institutional Research.
Open this Tableau Visualization Full Screen
- Sujoy Das, PhD, Vice Provost for Institutional Research, Assessment and Accreditation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joesph Hawk, Executive Director of Assessment and Accreditation, email@example.com
- Anupma Singh, PhD, Director of Institutional Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Esul Park, PhD, Associate Director of Institutional Research, email@example.com
- Manny Sanchez, Manager of Operations for Assessment and Accreditation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kalpana Paudel Sapkota, Programmer Analyst, email@example.com
- Jenell Robinson Fritz, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org