The Office of Institutional Research aims to provide timely, accurate and unbiased data and analysis for institutional decision-making, assessment, effective management and strategic planning.
Among the key duties of the Office of Institutional Research are the following:
- Student Success: Develop data-driven processes and analytics to improve student retention, satisfaction and success.
- Decision Support: Conduct strategic research to provide decision support for senior administration; ad hoc research for University committees and task forces.
- Benchmarking: Benchmark Drexel’s institutional performance against that of peer institutions.
- Data Warehousing: Serve an advisory role to Drexel's data warehouse initiative, to ensure consistent and appropriate data definition; perform integration of institutional data across time and across multiple content areas and administrative systems.
- Official Reporting: Ensure external regulatory compliance and guidebook reporting; internal requests for data and reporting.
Tableau is Drexel's platform for visualizing institutional data and analysis to support decision-making. An example of Tableau’s visual data representations is provided below. Drexel faculty and staff with a need to access administrative data resources can request Tableau access by contacting the Office of Institutional Research.
Open this Tableau Visualization Fullscreen
- Sujoy Das, PhD, Vice Provost for Institutional Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anupma Singh, PhD, Director, email@example.com
- Esul Park, PhD, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shraddha Lakhani, Programmer Analyst, email@example.com