New Provost Solutions Fellows Appointments
January 25, 2023
This message was sent to faculty and staff by the Provost on January 25, 2023.
We are pleased to recognize the interdisciplinary faculty experts who have been newly named Provost Solutions Fellows, a joint initiative of the Provost’s Office and the Drexel Solutions Institute (DSI).
Appointed to two-year terms, Provost Solutions Fellows highlight the research and teaching capabilities of Drexel to external partners and serve as catalysts for expanding experiential learning opportunities and designing custom, interdisciplinary solutions for our corporate and nonprofit partners.
Please join us in congratulating the newest Solutions Fellows:
- Eric Brewe, College of Arts and Sciences
- Shannon Capps, College of Engineering
- Jonathan Deutsch, College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Lin Han, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems
- Alison Kenner, College of Arts and Sciences
- Antonios Kontsos, College of Engineering
- Raja Schaar, Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Provost Innovation & Design Fellow
- Christopher Wright, School of Education
Together with their cohort, the Fellows champion Drexel’s strengths in the core areas of research, teaching and external engagement, promoting student success, innovation and a culture of collaboration. As Provost Innovation & Design Fellow, Raja Schaar focuses on providing thought leadership and support for the creation of activities to stimulate growth for the Innovation Engine, which was announced last May. We are grateful to Jeff Westphal for making this program and the Engine possible.
We would also like to recognize and thank the following members of the inaugural cohort who have completed their terms as Provost Solutions Fellows: Nick Alvarez, Ann Gerondelis, Rajashi Ghosh, Goran Karapetrov, Edward Kim, Michael Lowe, Ioannis Savidis and Wan Shih. You can read reflections from the inaugural cohort about their experiences on the Provost’s Office website.
Paul E. Jensen
Executive Vice President
Nina Henderson Provost
Senior Vice Provost
Academic Industry Partnerships