Update on the Search for the Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
This message was sent to all faculty and staff by the Provost on July 27, 2021.
In May, I announced the search for the inaugural Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. I'm pleased to share that the search is well underway and has attracted a strong pool of candidates.
The Vice Provost for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will partner with the University's Chief Diversity Officer, Drexel's colleges and schools, Faculty Senate and the Provost's Office team to lead campus-wide initiatives and build a diverse, equitable and welcoming campus community. Among the role's initiatives will be advocating for curricular efforts related to DEI, assessing potential inequities in annual reviews and tenure and promotion processes, identifying and addressing DEI development needs through inclusive programming, and communicating these initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
The Search Committee is participating in inclusive recruitment strategy training in preparation for the search process. I'm grateful to its members for their time and attention to this process:
- Ted Corbin (Co-Chair), Associate Dean, Community and External Affairs, College of Medicine
- Erin McNamara Horvat (Co-Chair), Senior Vice Provost, Faculty Advancement and Undergraduate Affairs
- Patience Ajoff-Foster, Executive Director, Diversity and Inclusive Culture, Office of Equality and Diversity
- Shivanthi Anandan, Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education
- Anna Chrulkiewicz, Senior Vice Provost, Finance and Administration
- Kim Gholston, Chief Diversity Officer and Vice President, Human Resources
- Lucy Kerman, Senior Vice Provost, University and Community Partnerships
- Rogelio Miñana, Vice Provost, Global Engagement
- Aleister Saunders, Executive Vice Provost, Research & Innovation
- Jason Schupbach, Dean, Westphal College of Media Arts & Design
- Raj Suri, Interim Senior Vice Provost, Academic Industry Partnerships
- Amy Weaver, Vice Provost, Strategic Communications and Marketing
We will keep the Drexel community updated as this important search progresses.
Paul E. Jensen
Executive Vice President
Nina Henderson Provost