The Kline School of Law was well-represented at the American Association of Law Schools Annual Meeting, held in Washington, D.C., January 2-5. Faculty served as speakers, moderators, organizers and committee members.
- Tabatha Abu El-Haj: Committee Member - Committee to Review Scholarly Papers for the 2019 Annual Meeting
- Adam Benforado: Speaker - International Human Rights (on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child)
- Hannah Bloch-Wehba: Speaker - Defamation and Privacy (on social media content moderation)
- Susan L. Brooks: Speaker (with J.D./Ph.D student Sarah Fishel) - Empirical Study of Legal Education and the Legal Profession: How Well Are Law Schools Imparting the Value of Public Interest, Leadership, and Serving Others?
- Daniel M. Filler:
- Planning Committee Member – 2020 Deans Forum Program
- Speaker - AALS Arc of Career Programs
- Moderator - Co-Plenary Session
- Speaker - For the Law School Dean
- Deborah S. Gordon: Discussant - New Perspectives on Trusts and Estates, on her paper “Minors and Digital Asset Succession.”
- Wendy Greene:
- Speaker - AALS Workshop for Pretenured Professors of Color, Session 4: Scholarship
- Speaker - Labor Relations and Employment Law
- Nicole Iannarone:
- Speaker - Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Speaker - Legal Writing, Reasoning and Research, Panel 2
- Speaker - Teaching Methods (for new law professors)
- Anil Kalhan:
- Organizer and Moderator - Where Are We Going? Immigration Law in 202 & Beyond
- Speaker - Family and Juvenile Law: The Erosion of Civil Rights and Its Impact on U.S. Families and Children
- Amy L. Landers: Speaker – Intellectual Property: Are Intellectual Property Rights Still Torts?
- Rachel E. Lopez:
- Speaker: - International Human Rights: New Voices in Human Rights and International Law
- Speaker – Aging and the Law: Emerging Issues in Elder Law
Dean Filler will also be serving on the planning committee for the 2020 Deans Forum Program.
Professor Abu El-Haj was honored at the meeting as the Kline School of Law’s Teacher of the Year.