Did You Know...?
What is Goodwin College? It's earning that degree you never thought you'd finish, due to emergencies, or grades, or a change in schedule. Goodwin is the freedom to explore your interests and discover your passions. Goodwin is taking the next step — in your education, in your career, and in your life.
Goodwin is many things. We get that — so we put together this list of facts, tidbits, and points of knowledge to clear things up.
The main thing to remember: Whatever your next step, we'll help you get there.
Did you know:
- Goodwin’s Bachelor of Science in General Studies, Master of Science in Nonprofit Management: Public Professional & Social Sectors, Master of Science in Professional Studies, Master of Science in Project Management and Graduate Certificate in Project Management can be completed completely online. These programs are designed with flexibility in mind, so we are always willing to work with your schedule and lifestyle.
- We offer Graduate Minors in Nonprofit Management, Professional Studies, and Project Management.
- The Graduate Certificate in Project Management is a valuable credential that provides you with the opportunity for career advancement without pursuing a full degree.
- Drexel is a Leadership Institutes for the Mandela Washington Fellowship, which is co-hosted by Goodwin and the Office of Global Engagement and Education Abroad.
- The Skills Hub offers Professional Skill Tracks, Workforce Bootcamps, and Career Navigation for individuals and teams. Topics include project management, information technology, Lean Six Sigma and business analysis.
- We offer a range individual courses for professional development, to earn professional certificates, offered both in-person, and online, to adhere to your schedule.
- Students in our First-Year Exploratory Studies Program come from 17 states and 8 countries — and that number increases each year, as the program has grown since it launched in 2015.
- You can count on the support of First-Year Exploratory Studies alumni to mentor you through your first year of college life, and beyond through our Peer Mentor Program.
- Each year, First-Year Exploratory students take part in events like scavenger hunts, annual dinners, bowling, Flyers games, paint nights and many more.
- One of our General Studies students played at Drexel's annual Spring Jam alongside a Grammy-nominated DJ.
- Our programs are perfect for parents, caregivers, and anyone who needs extra flexibility to start (or finish) a degree.
- Goodwin houses Drexel’s award-winning military transition program, which offers select student veterans who do not meet the requirements of their desired Drexel program a second chance option for enrollment.
- You can earn transfer credits for courses you've taken elsewhere, work experience, and even time spent in the military.
- We offer customer-designed, closed session Continuing Professional Education courses.
- Goodwin has a history that dates back to the beginnings of Drexel University, when we were known as The Evening College.
- Our graduate studies director runs the popular Professional Studies Blog. For more than a year, she has updated it every. Single. Week.
- Goodwin also helps non-matriculated students register for courses. So if you want to brush up on history, learn programming, or finally take those piano classes, we can help you do that.
- First-Year Exploratory Studies student, Kevin Li founded a startup, Eoko, with fellow students.