Risk, Crisis, and Emergency Communication Video Training Series
Developed by the Center for Public Health Readiness and Communication (CPHRC), in partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Health, this video training series covers eight topics related to risk and crisis communication during public health emergencies. The videos feature Dr. Vincent Covello, a leading expert in the field of risk communication, and Tom Hipper, the Program Manager at the CPHRC.
The series is geared for individuals in public health and health care settings who are responsible for crisis communication and public information. Each video runs approximately 10-30 minutes and covers an important topic related to communicating effectively during emergencies. There is no recommended sequence; each video provides a standalone lesson on a risk communication topic. Accompanying each lesson are "related resources" that supplement the content covered in the videos.
The series contains eight videos, each of which runs approximately 10-30 minutes, on the following topics:
- Communication Skills for Public Information Officers
- Joint Information Centers for Public Health Crises and Emergencies
- How to Produce a Message Map
- Nonverbal Communication
- How to Write a Press Release for a Public Health Crisis or Emergency
- Crisis Communications "Top 10" Planning Checklist
- Working with the Media
- Using Social Media in Disasters
To view the videos, please register at one of the following sites: