The Mid-Atlantic Regional Public Health Training Center (MAR-PHTC)
The Mid-Atlantic Regional Public Health Training Center (MAR-PHTC) improves the performance effectiveness of the public health system by enhancing the competencies of public health workers to carry out public health services. Based at the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, it is operated in partnership with:
- DC Health
- DC Primary Care Association
- Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers
- West Virginia Local Health Inc.
- West Virginia University School of Public Health
MAR-PHTC is one of 10 centers located across the nation in accredited schools of public health and other academic institutions. The network is funded by the Health Services and Resources Administration.
Services offers by the MAR-PHTC at Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health:
- Training needs assessment
- Development of training plan
- Training public health workforce
- Public health continuing education
- Technical assistance for accreditation applications
Sign up for news and training announcements from MAR-PHTC!
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number 1 UB6HP31689-01-00 "Public Health Training Centers" for $3,699,596. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government. Additional support for this project is provided by Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health.