Online Health and Human Rights Advocacy Course
Drexel’s Office of Global Health, in partnership with non-profit organization Asia Catalyst, developed a free, online course on health and human rights documentation and advocacy.
This course was created to provide tools and strategies to human rights activists, community advocates, grassroots organizers, and global health students in Asia, the United States, and beyond.
Know It, Prove It, Change It: An Online Health and Human Rights Advocacy Course
Asia Catalyst’s original curriculum was created hand-in-hand with grassroots organizations across Asia. Through this partnership, the course has been updated and brought into the online space.
Over 10 modules, students will learn about:
- The international rights frameworks and how it can be used for change (Know It),
- How to collect evidence of rights abuses (Prove It), and
- How to launch effective advocacy campaigns (Change It).
The modules focus on issues that have never been more relevant, including access to healthcare, non-discrimination, and access to justice. Video lectures, quizzes, and exercises walk students through understanding basic human rights, documenting rights abuses, and creating an advocacy campaign with the goal of making change.
The course is complemented by a website, rights.health, with activist videos and a resource library with sample reports and tools for health and human rights documentation and advocacy.
Find out more and register to take the course
The course includes:
- 10 modules: each takes about one hour to complete
- More than 20 video lectures
- Course exercises and quizzes to apply your knowledge
- Access to the resource library of treaties, reports, activist interviews & case studies
- Certificate of completion: take all the modules at once, or earn certificates for Know It, Prove It, and Change It separately
Sign up to access the course today
Learn more about Global Health Education and Global Health Training offered by Drexel's Dornsife School of Public Health.
Request more information to connect with our Dornsife admissions team.