Official University Policies support the integrity and fulfillment of Drexel University’s mission, values, operations and reputation by setting expectations and clarifying best practices for the University community, managing institutional risk, and promoting compliance with laws and regulations at the local, state and federal level. Drexel is currently undertaking a project to overhaul and streamline the policymaking process to better promote shared governance, standardization, transparency, and diversity, equity and inclusion. This website provides updates on that project, as well as resources and guidance for developing Official University Policies.
IMPORTANT: If you are in the process of revising an existing Policy or developing a new Policy, please refer to the updates below and the steps outlined on the Policy Compliance Process page.
Policy Compliance Program
The Director of Policy Compliance within the Office of Compliance, Policy and Privacy Services oversees the implementation of DU-01, Official University Policies, and provides centralized management of the policy development process, working in partnership with the Office of the General Counsel, key stakeholders, the
Policy Council, and the various academic and administrative units that are responsible for drafting and implementing Official University Policies.
Drexel’s Policy Compliance Program seeks to:
- Steward the management, oversight, publication and communication of Official University Policies to all Drexel students, faculty and professional staff, in accordance with DU-01;
- Arrange and monitor the policy review schedule, and ensure all policy reviews include a diversity, equity and inclusion lens;
- Support the work of the Policy Council;
- Maintain a central database of current and past versions of Official University Policies;
- Increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness by ensuring the transparency, timeliness, consistency, accessibility and relevancy of Official University Policies;
- Receive and answer inquiries about Drexel’s policy process; and
- Foster collaboration by engaging stakeholders across the University community.
In this section, you will find the following information about Drexel's Official University Policies:
Policy Compliance Process
Policy Development Tools