The Partner Network consists of more than 75+ community-based agencies serving older individuals and their families. Members include healthcare providers, city government, community agencies, industry partners and policy makers.
The network meets quarterly; for more information about our next meeting please email Kate Clark at AgeWell@drexel.edu.
- The AgeWell Collaboratory Organizational Partner Network consists of community-based agencies serving older individuals and their families. Members include healthcare providers, city government, community agencies, industry partners and policy makers. The group meets quarterly and together, the network guides and participates in the work of the Collaboratory.
- AgeWell designs and administers continuing education modules to build professional capacity around aging issues, such as LGBTQ aging and dementia. All topics are identified by our organizational partners and we are continually seeking out new ideas.
- Speaker Swap: We are facilitating exchanges about working in the field of aging between organizational partners, faculty and students. We connect partners with faculty who can come speak at their agencies and vice versa, where we have our partners come speak to students and faculty in classes at the College about their work in aging.
The group meets quarterly and together, the network guides and participates in the work of the Collaboratory.
- Inform the creation of continuing education modules to build professional capacity around aging issues, such as LGBTQ aging and dementia. All topics are identified by our organizational partners and we are continually seeking out new ideas.
- Connect with faculty who can come speak at their agencies and vice versa, where partners come speak to students and faculty about their work in aging.
African Family Health Organization (AFAHO)
Artz Philadelphia – artzphilly.org
BAYADA Home Health Care
Benefits Data Trust
Center for the Advocacy, Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE)
Center in the Park Senior Center
Community Legal Services
Community Wellness HUB at the Dornsife Center
Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
Envoy at Home
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia
Health Management Associates
Health Promotion Council
Healthy Rowhouse Project
Jewish Family and Children's Services of Greater Philadelphia
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
LGBTEI Elder Initiative
Lutheran Settlement House Senior Center
Partners on Path
Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging
Presby Inspired Life
Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services
The Gerontological Society of America
The Supportive Older Women's Network (SOWN)
UPMC Community HealthChoices
White Horse Village
William Way Community Center
The AgeWell Collaboratory promotes undergraduate, graduate and professional development education around aging issues. Currently, the College of Nursing and Health Professions offers courses and degrees focusing on the older adult population such as Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner. We are developing AgeWell continuing education modules to increase competencies and build capacity for healthcare professionals working with older adults. Join our mailing list to learn more.
The Daylight Café is a new memory café developed to provide a nonmedical, social support environment for people affected by cognitive impairments and their care partners. The cafe was designed by Drexel faculty members Dana C. Kemery, EdD, MaryKay Maley, DNP, Natasha Goldstein-Levitas, MA, BC-DMT, from the College of Nursing and Health Professions. This sustainable resource at the College’s Community Wellness HUB in the center of the Mantua and Powelton Village communities will continue the work being done at CNHP to support aging in place, which includes creating and implementing interventions for those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias. The Daylight Café is open on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Programs offered will include social engagement incorporating dance and movement activities, music and art appreciation, crafts and animal-assisted activities. For more information e-mail Daylightcafe@Drexel.edu.